Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ordered the Tesla Hitch After delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just wanted to share that I ordered it on Saturday night via the Tesla Store ($1200.00) and had it shipped to my service center. On Thursday I was asked via text about installing at my home for Friday. I agreed and in 6 days I had my hitch!

Just wanted to share that I ordered it on Saturday night via the Tesla Store ($1200.00) and had it shipped to my service center. On Thursday I was asked via text about installing at my home for Friday. I agreed and in 6 days I had my hitch!
Hi BadWolf, I'm also going to be ordering the Tesla hitch for installation in my Model Y SR. I called the service center in Burbank and spoke to Rafe and he confirmed with his manager that the $1,200 includes installation. He suggested I have the hitch shipped to my home rather than the service center and then once I receive it schedule a service appointment to have the hitch installed at the service center. However, would prefer to ship to the service center and have mobile service come to my home to handle the install as you did. Maybe I'll just go ahead and ship to the service center and see if once they receive it they will give the home delivery option. How is the hitch working out and were you happy with the install?