Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ordered "Existing Inventory", Made $2500, How to Cancel?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Made a decision on the spot without fully thinking it through on options, if the 3 is the model, I want etc.(props to salesman)

I just placed a $2500 deposit about 30 minutes ago for a vehicle that is located at a Showroom 30 minutes away. My Tesla account shows "Prepare for Delivery" but the only check mark is next to "Order." I don't see a VIN, just a reservation number. Whats the best way to cancel and receive a full refund?

Good part - Call Tesla CS and they’ll cancel it immediately. Per new T&C, even if you get assigned VIN and cancel, you can get $2500 back. The order might linger for 3 months on your account but eventually you’ll get your refund.

Bad part - Will take atleast 2 Months to get refund.

How do I know ? Made a mistake of accidentally ordering as I already had saved CC on file and was playing around. This was last Oct.

Tesla no longer has to be hard up on vin assignments because the cars are not custom anymore.

Feels like you had 60 possible permutations of physical changes and trims to S/X.

Model 3 has almost nothing you can choose option wise.