Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Options for the refreshed M3 LR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
G’day fellas,

I have decided to order the new M3 LR but i have a budget ceiling and after picking the stealth grey, i am left with one additional option to add: either the 19 wheels or the white interior.

I know it might sound like a silly comparison, but in my view; one will give me a good feeling when i am driving and the other will look good when i look at the car from the outside.

Keen to hear what you’d choose if u can only pick 1.

I hate low-profile tyres with a passion (for reasons of poor ride comfort, increased risk of tyre damage, and I think oversized wheels look ridiculous)… so always would get the smallest diameter wheel possible, i.e. 18”.
Im not fancy enough to have a car with a white interior, and i also dont like big wheels so its povo pack for me haha!

You don't want those 19" wheels. Everything about them is worse... why pay more for that?

Worse range, worse acceleration, worse cost for new tires, worse comfort, worse durability (they actually blow out sometimes from hitting potholes).

The only thing that could be argued to be better about them is the look... but that's highly subjective. They don't look any better to me. Maybe even worse. I like the 18" aero caps.

As for the white interior... I really like the look of it, and somewhat wished I'd ordered it (I didn't) after getting my car, but long term I'm glad I didn't. For one, the white interior has a higher probability of staining, but more importantly it can be blindingly bright for those of us whose eyes are a bit sensitive to light.

My vote - save the money for your home charging setup. Congrats on the car!!

You don't want those 19" wheels. Everything about them is worse... why pay more for that?

Worse range, worse acceleration, worse cost for new tires, worse comfort, worse durability (they actually blow out sometimes from hitting potholes).

The only thing that could be argued to be better about them is the look... but that's highly subjective. They don't look any better to me. Maybe even worse. I like the 18" aero caps.

As for the white interior... I really like the look of it, and somewhat wished I'd ordered it (I didn't) after getting my car, but long term I'm glad I didn't. For one, the white interior has a higher probability of staining, but more importantly it can be blindingly bright for those of us whose eyes are a bit sensitive to light.

My vote - save the money for your home charging setup. Congrats on the car!!
Agreed, but each to their own I guess. A white interior is like swimming pools. It’s nice to know someone with one, but bugger owning and having to maintain it haha. Same goes with visiting Sydney, but I digress haha