Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ohme Home Pro Basic Charging??

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Very frustrated.. I’m new here and loving my model 3, iv just had a home home pro installed at home and I’m having issues.

basically I’m with Eon and I get a cheap rate between 00:00-07:00 daily.. so I just want the car to charge within that time frame.

The charger is over over complicated as I just want this basic task 😂 please could someone shed some light 💡 for me?

Thank you

The car is capable of starting to charge at 00:00 (when parked at that location, so it won't automatically do that when you are "somewhere else") (and the car will start charging if you come home a fair bit later than that - I reckon 02:00 would be OK, maybe later even than that - I'm not sure exactly how much tolerance it has)

So you could use that and just configure the wall charger as "dumb" / always-on.

But Car will NOT stop charging at 07:00 (using its scheduler)

That's only a problem if you come home REALLY low. Car will charge roughly 10% per hour (that's a LR model, you'd need to check exactly how much for your car), so you could charge 70% overnight, and if you came home under 20% and your charge limit is 90%, then it would not fill up fully in 7 hour period.

You COULD change the Limit to be 70% above "current" to prevent charging after 07:00 (and then change the limit, tomorrow, and complete the charge tomorrow night), but given that (I assume) its pretty unlikely that you would come home below 20% and exceed the 70% overnight then maybe "don't worry about it".

Also, if you come home below 20% it would probably be a good idea to charge a bit (to above 20%) "immediately" so that the battery is not sitting on "low" for a long period (until overnight cheap rate).

I've probably made that sound really complicated ... so maybe just set the car's scheduler to start charging at 00:00 and forget about the "stop at 07:00" bit as it will be very rare that you will overrun that.