Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Octopus Energy - upgrade the tails with long lead time

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wanted to share that Octopus Energy has just told me that due to workloads they can't upgrade "the tails" on my power until the 2nd March.

Hopefully it is just a local issue to me, but wanted to share in-case anyone needs this done ahead of their new wall charger and have not requested this yet.

I had requested my upgrade early December and been offered an appointment for the middle of February! At least it's free of charge where as my previous provider asked for £185 after they initially installed the 16mm tails with the Smart meter.

Reactions: hairysteve
I'm sure you're already aware of this. If you need to upgrade your cutout fuse to 100A, the DNO will require 25mm2 tails all the way from the cutout fuse to the consumer unit. My DNO will upgrade the tails upto the electricity meter when they they upgrade the cutout fuse to 100A, but will not touch anything after the electricity meter.

Isnt it daft in the 21st Century we still have to rely on two different providers for one type of power supply, the DNO will only go to the meter and the electricity provider will only touch the work after the meter and yet sometimes DNO's and electricity providers will argue who's provision it should be - had this issue when had a looped supply removed, all I wanted to know was if there was a 100A fuse installed, took me 3 weeks of constant calling back and forth for one fantastic lady at the DNO to put out a power failure emergency check on fuse call for it to be looked at, the guy who came out wasn't surprised at all that there were such issues! Pulled the fuse and voila it's a 100A fuse, 3 weeks wasted - luckily I had referral supercharger miles to keep me going otherwise it'd be 3 pin charging via an extension cable.