Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Now Shipping: Custom Tesla Roadster 2-Piece Slotted Rotors

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My check should have arrived by now it was mailed Tuesday (actually Monday but that was a holiday) of last week. If it does not arrive by Friday please PM me with PayPal instructions and extra PayPal fee and I will pay that way. Thanks

David Kiker

My check should have arrived by now it was mailed Tuesday (actually Monday but that was a holiday) of last week. If it does not arrive by Friday please PM me with PayPal instructions and extra PayPal fee and I will pay that way. Thanks

David Kiker

Thanks David. I emailed Dave to verify if he received your payment and he confirmed he indeed received it.

So... Let me be the first to say it and get this over with........

Hey, I PayPal'ed my money over to him a whole 48 hours ago and I haven't received my rotors yet!

LOL.

More realistically, might I assume a June delivery date?

Thanks all for setting this up. I will be super happy to have a Roadster that stops as well as it accelerates and corners.

Best,

T

Payment Status Update - Jan 29th

**The following are paid in full for the rotors and expressed interest in the AX6 brake package which is still outstanding. The $280 payment needs to be sent if you're still interested in the brake package deal:
1) adiggs
2) EMF
3) Roadster08 - (paid $5 over earlier, need to send in $275)

Rotor Payments Received: 16
1) adiggs
2) EMF
3) ggr
4) Roadster08
5) ViperDoc
6) wiztecy
7) dsm363
8) strider
9) tomsax
10) scottfe
11) hcsharp
12) richkae
13) andybm3
14) rickai
15) Tobash
16) Six

Payments in the mail or still need to send PayPal/fee: 4
1) TSLAVP16 (mailed 1/28)
2) graham (mail)
3) stuart (mail)
4) m0rph (PayPal - payment not received)

Members who expressed interest but I haven't received a PM back: 1
1) visionik

- - - Updated - - -

More realistically, might I assume a June delivery date?

Dave gave an estimate of 12 weeks to completion from the start date, which he confirmed is Feb 2nd. If there's any chance of delivering them sooner, Dave will for sure take advantage of the opportunity.

Last edited:
Late to the party!

Is it too late to purchase a set? I can put a check in the mail tomorrow (Friday) morning.

Don

Its not too late if you use PayPal. Dave said we have through this weekend to get the payments in since he'll be working on the order starting Monday, February 2nd. Only way to get the payment in on time from here is to send them via PayPal + the fees. Mail won't be reliable unless its set for overnight Saturday delivery. Even then that could have problems.

Here's Dave's PayPal and contact information. I'd first contact him letting him know you're sending the payment. Also specify if you want the brake pad package and also include that amount as well.

David Levy
[email protected]
503-621-9670

Bumping this to the top since this is the LAST weekend to get your payments into Dave if you want in on this group buy.

I tried contacting the following members who indicated their payment was sent "in the mail":

1) graham (mail) - Dave has not received it. I sent personal email 1/27 and have not had a response
2) stuart (mail) - Dave has not received it. I sent personal email 1/27 and have not had a response

Have seen communication about sending a PayPal payment, but payment has not yet been received as of 1/30:

1) m0rph

Have tried communicating via PM and TMC mail for a couple of weeks (3 attempts) and had no response back:

1) visionik - (strong interest shown early on but had no other communication)

As I stated earlier, this is the last weekend to get your payments in. I would not use mail at this point for that there's not enough time so I highly recommend contacting Dave and setting up payments via PayPal.

Dave's will be working on the order starting February 2nd, so we're now progressing and all looking forward for when they'll finally be on our Roadsters!

...Only way to get the payment in on time from here is to send them via PayPal + the fees. ...

If you use Instant Payment (debits your checking account) and "Send Money to Friends and Family" option, you can avoid the fees. You lose some of PayPal's services that way such as "Buyer Protection" and you can't use a credit card so you have to weigh the benefits against the cost.

What will the weight of these rotors be? Will they be comparable to the MMC? I am also interested.

IMG_2879.jpg

Last edited:
wiztecy,

Many thanks for staying on top of this.

I don't know about the others, but I will be super thrilled to have a car that wants to stop and has brakes that want to resist rust.

Rather than having to learn to live with these brakes and occasionally performing a cardiac stress test as the car refuses to slow in an emergency, you and Dave and all the others involved are allowing me (and the rest of us) a serious improvement option.

Best,

T

P.S. As far as PayPal... I spend the extra 5% and stay protected with PayPal buyers protection. It is a personal choice. I hate to use PayPal and not pay for the service. As a physician; people, insurance companies, and the government use and abuse us all the time. I will not do the same to others.

If you use Instant Payment (debits your checking account) and "Send Money to Friends and Family" option, you can avoid the fees. You lose some of PayPal's services that way such as "Buyer Protection" and you can't use a credit card so you have to weigh the benefits against the cost.

Instant Payment didn't work for me, some anti-fraud regulation apperantly.. And sending money to friends is not free across the Atlantic either :wink:
I ended up splitting my payment to avoid VISA limits, so at this moment I should be already half on the OK list :cool:

21 Payments have been received by Dave, so that's a fair amount of interests and what I believe to be the final number. Will update the list when I get a spare moment. Dave started on the project last Monday so its just a matter of patience and a waiting game now while Dave does his magic.

Thanks again to you and Dave.

Maybe consider a second list (no money down) for people who missed this round. One whatever critical number Dave needs for a second batch is reached, he could do another round if he was willing of course.

Custom Rotor Status Update

Here's the latest status I received from Dave today regarding the rotor project:

*All drawings are done for friction discs and hats.
*Order is placed for a prototype set of friction discs(4) so they can be test fitted before moving forward with the whole batch.
*Hats are on order.
*Fasteners are being made.

Dave mentioned he's going to make three to four extra sets of rotors. Anyone who'd like to claim them, just let me know and send in your payment into Dave.

Below are the 21 customers on record for the rotors and Dave received your payment:
1) ViperDoc
2) wiztecy
3) dsm363
4) strider
5) tomsax
6) scottfe
7) andybm3
8) rickai
9) Tobash
10) hcsharp
11) bruceoberg
12) Six
13) Tesla940
14) stuart
15) TSLAVP16
16) m0rph
17) adiggs
18) EMF
19) ggr
20) Roadster08
21) John Younger

The following customers indicated they would like the AX6 brake package and need to send payment to Dave:
1) Roadster08 - $275 ($5 credit for extra payment on rotors)
2) TSLAVP16 - $280

And m0rph is in process of finalizing the over-seas transaction which Dave is fully aware of.

Everything is moving forward nicely. Thanks all!

Last edited: