Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki North America Touches Car Wash Options

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello all,

As you know, Tesla recommends either hand washing or using a touchless car wash to keep our Teslas clean. I'm sure an increasing fraction of Tesla owners are just taking their cars to the usual rotating brush service, but I wanted to take a stab at creating a regional list of touchless options. TMC moderators have suggested that we can make this a wiki, so here we go!

I'm going to start with some regions and the metro area I know, but I'm fully open to other organizations and metro regions. I hope to include details about detergents and other things in the "Notes" segment. If we get this set up as a wiki, I invite you to please add cities or metro regions and touchless car wash locations!

Todd

• Northeast
  • Mid-Atlantic
    • Washington, DC Metro
      • College Park Car Wash on Sunnyside; 5100 Sunnyside Ave, Beltsville, MD 20705; Open 24/7; (240) 241-4161; Notes:
  • Southeast
  • Midwest
  • Southwest
  • West

Excuse my ignorance, but how on earth does a touchless car wash work, especially on particularly dirty cars? I personally just old school wash mine, 2 bucket method following a thorough rinsing with pressure washer to remove all grit and heavy dirt. Finish with a towel dry.

Excuse my ignorance, but how on earth does a touchless car wash work, especially on particularly dirty cars? I personally just old school wash mine, 2 bucket method following a thorough rinsing with pressure washer to remove all grit and heavy dirt. Finish with a towel dry.
No worries. See this link, which describes in detail how it works and the pros and cons. I typically use Optimum No Rinse Wash and Wax when I hand wash my Tesla (which is basically always). But, particularly in the cold winter weather, a touchless wash visit would be a good way to get road grime and salt off the car between hand washes.

Reactions: Favguy
Hand wash @Greenpoint, Brooklyn, NY.

20221229_120911.jpg