Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Norcal heat wave

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Lol I kind of feel like there's a cool VPP club but I'm not a member 😿

On the flip side, my wife wants me to set both AC thermostats to 75F at 5pm because otherwise the house is too hot. Powerwalls FTW...
I don't know how "cool" being in is. It means more obsessing about numbers. :confused:

FWIW, our upstairs was getting hot, especially above the garage. We put one of those cheap fabric screen doors ($25 on Amazon) on the garage side door and problem solved. Now all of the upstairs is within 2 degrees of downstairs. We have thermostats set to the high 70s (downstairs) and 80 (upstairs).

Reactions: aesculus
Yeah I know. I'm looking into getting some more insulation and newer windows so maybe I can drop it to 73F while using the same energy.

HVAC in this house is so dumbs-ville due to the damn vaulted ceilings and no minisplits allowed by the HOA.

Plus all this shizzz costs so much!
our last house had high ceilings, no attic, not much insulation in the walls and the walls were mostly large windows which we replaced with double pane (big $$). Luckily we were in Belmont so it did not matter so much in the summer even though we didn't have any AC. Current house is east of Sacramento, but is very well insulated. Most summer days the AC doesn't come on until after 2pm. We turn the AC off when temp goes below 80 in the evening and turn on the whole house fan

• Informative
Reactions: BGbreeder
Yeah I know. I'm looking into getting some more insulation and newer windows so maybe I can drop it to 73F while using the same energy.

HVAC in this house is so dumbs-ville due to the damn vaulted ceilings and no minisplits allowed by the HOA.

Plus all this shizzz costs so much!

No mini splits? That's crazy. At least allow them to be installed where they won't be considered an eye-sore - either behind the house or marked by shrubbery or another type of visual screen. The HOA we're moving into allows mini splits, but they have to be below a certain decibel level at the property lines.

No mini splits? That's crazy. At least allow them to be installed where they won't be considered an eye-sore - either behind the house or marked by shrubbery or another type of visual screen. The HOA we're moving into allows mini splits, but they have to be below a certain decibel level at the property lines.

Yeah, the mini splits themselves and the pressure lines routed around would be an "eye sore" regardless if it faces the street or not. These lots are pretty small so neighbors will be greeted with unsightly mini splits and pressure lines no matter what I do. If ya'll thought the sun reflecting off of solar racking was bad, wait until the sun reflects off of a minisplit.

• Funny
Reactions: Big Earl
My 2xPW will be full by 4PM - weird that they took so long to declare an event but maybe they were trying to manage power consumption through the early afternoon. Normally wouldn't be an issue but my 2xPW were down to 25% after yesterday's event... as you point out, today's event is only an hour so I'll have much more in reserve this evening.

Have a question about iPhone app and VPP. What area this covers? Is it all of PG&E area or zones of its area?
Today it shows 3467 fleet homes.
Period is from 6PM to 9PM for me on the notice.
I am also just seeing that batter is not full at 4PM and solar is not charging with excess generation but excess is going to the grid.

Have a question about iPhone app and VPP. What area this covers? Is it all of PG&E area or zones of its area?
Today it shows 3467 fleet homes.
Period is from 6PM to 9PM for me on the notice.
I am also just seeing that batter is not full at 4PM and solar is not charging with excess generation but excess is going to the grid.
You (Monterey) and I (Pleasanton) must be in the same "fleet" because I am seeing 3466 homes. (Who dropped out!!!)

My battery is full and we are buying power running the home (solar down to 1.3 kw, consuming 6.4 kW for AC units).

Edit

OAT is 111F.

You (Monterey) and I (Pleasanton) must be in the same "fleet" because I am seeing 3466 homes. (Who dropped out!!!)

My battery is full and we are buying power running the home (solar down to 1.3 kw, consuming 6.4 kW for AC units).
Yep, someone dropped out, seeing 3466, battery is 91% and excess solar still going to grid.

Boy, I saw 60C on panels today with 90F air temp at my house. Power down almost 10% from a few days ago