Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No private podcasts in Apple Podcasts app?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have contacted Apple about this and spoken to a senior advisor. They are contacting engineering to find out what’s going on with private podcasts in the Apple Podcasts app for Tesla. I’m expecting to hear back from them by Tuesday afternoon. I’ll post an update once I get a reply.
Ok I heard back from Apple. I’m pretty sure the Apple Podcasts app is an Apple product and not a Tesla product. But regardless Apple says the issue is Tesla’s. I suspect that Tesla is blocking the port the app uses for access to private podcasts.

Now I just need a way to contact Tesla and report the bug. Anyone know of an email address or web form that can be used to report software bugs to Tesla?

Yes they claim the issue is Tesla’s. I suspect that private podcast URLs are using a port that is being blocked by Tesla. OTOH they don’t show up at all.

So I’m trying to figure out how to report this to Tesla but I can’t find an email address or web form to use to do it. Any ideas?
Not sure that’ll be correct, the car will just be calling an Apple API endpoint and displaying what it returns. It’ll be that call that’s not returning the private podcasts.

FWIW you’re not able to listen to private URL podcasts via the Apple Podcasts Alexa Skill, which I also points to Apple being the problem not Tesla.

Might be worth getting Tesla’s attention as I would think they have a better chance of getting Apple to fix the problem than an individual would

Not sure that’ll be correct, the car will just be calling an Apple API endpoint and displaying what it returns. It’ll be that call that’s not returning the private podcasts.

FWIW you’re not able to listen to private URL podcasts via the Apple Podcasts Alexa Skill, which I also points to Apple being the problem not Tesla.

Might be worth getting Tesla’s attention as I would think they have a better chance of getting Apple to fix the problem than an individual would
Exactly. It’s the same issue with Siri Shortcuts - you can’t create a shortcut that plays a private podcast, even if you’re subscribed to it in the Apple Podcasts app.

I’ve reported this as a Siri shortcut bug to Apple. It’s trivially easy to reproduce.