Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No post delivery collision repair?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
One of our Model 3s had a mishap today and the nose and hood took a good hit. The bumper cover needs replacing as well as the aluminum bumper underneath and the two mounting arms that mount the bumper to the frame. A bunch of other little bits and parts are needed as well.

I opened the app and made a service appointment where there is clearly a "Collision and Glass" option. Got an appointment and began the waiting process. Got a call a couple hours later from a California number (I'm in Florida). I answer and it's Tesla saying that Tesla doesn't do collision repair post delivery. I asked why I'm able to select "collision" in the app and why we have the "Tesla Collision Center" in my local town. She just repeated, "Tesla doesn't do collision repair post deliver" and said she'd send me a link to approved repair centers in my area.

So I get a link to a blank webpage that says:

A variety of body repair options are available to Tesla owners.

Tesla Service Centers

Tesla Service Centers perform cosmetic repairs on parts including bumpers, trunks, side mirrors, wheels and glass.

Tesla Collision Centers

Tesla owns and operates a growing network of Collision Centers that perform full structural repair in addition to light collision work.

To schedule an appointment at a Tesla Service Center or Tesla Collision Center, sign in to the Tesla app and select ‘Collision & Glass Repair’ from the menu. Depending on the severity of the damage, you may be referred to an alternate location.

Tesla-Approved Collision Center

Tesla-Approved Collision Centers are external partners that undergo rigorous training and are held to a high standard of excellence. Please contact your local center directly to schedule an appointment.

For questions or support on repairs in progress, please contact us.

I don't understand why Tesla is telling me they don't do collision repair.

What's more is when I do a search of "approved collision centers" the Tesla Collision Center in my local town comes up and is the only approved center within 40 miles.

Anyone getting the same run-around from Tesla?

2021 Model S, LR, FSD, White, Black Int, Delivery was 11/21.

Live in Pensacola, FL. Minor front bumper hit and run a month ago. Escambia Collision,Inc is only licensed Tesla repair shop in town. Easy to work with, but they have been waiting three weeks for parts to reinstall the new front bumper!

Anyone else run into this delay issue on replacement parts?