Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No degradation after a year and 20,000km (12k miles)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wondering, what's wrong, my Tesla doesn't degrade as much as I expect.

I'm living in an apartment block with no charging, I charge mostly in shopping centers or on highways, 70% of charge are high speed chargers.
Most mileage are highway miles, mostly driving at the max speed limit with enabled AP.

I very often charge to 100% (although I don't store car fully charged, but quite often 95-97%), I often don't drive a car for 4-5 days in a row then driving 500-700km (250-400 miles) on a highway.
And generally due to not having a guaranteed place to charge and lacking infrastructure I rarely discharge below 60-70% (unless on highways, in those cases I discharge to 5-10%)

I.e. this is kind of the worst case for an electric vehicle, and I was afraid I'll have like 20% degradation (I know a guy who has 10% degradation in his ID.4 first year while he's charging daily to 80%)

I'm measuring degradation at 100% charge - it's 530km and was at around that level when car was new.
Also, I have S3XY buttons (HIGHLY recommend) and its statistics shows:

1709472421473.png

What are your thoughts on that? (maybe I measure it incorrectly and maybe there is like "healthy" 2-4% degradation which would've been expected)

I suspect the measurement tool isn’t reporting correctly. At least, as far as the screenshot goes.

Maybe try using something, like “ScanMyTesla.” Don’t know if it’ll work with the already installed SEXY adapter (OBD2 to Bluetooth) or if you need a different one.

Wondering, what's wrong, my Tesla doesn't degrade as much as I expect.

I'm living in an apartment block with no charging, I charge mostly in shopping centers or on highways, 70% of charge are high speed chargers.
Most mileage are highway miles, mostly driving at the max speed limit with enabled AP.

I very often charge to 100% (although I don't store car fully charged, but quite often 95-97%), I often don't drive a car for 4-5 days in a row then driving 500-700km (250-400 miles) on a highway.
And generally due to not having a guaranteed place to charge and lacking infrastructure I rarely discharge below 60-70% (unless on highways, in those cases I discharge to 5-10%)

I.e. this is kind of the worst case for an electric vehicle, and I was afraid I'll have like 20% degradation (I know a guy who has 10% degradation in his ID.4 first year while he's charging daily to 80%)

I'm measuring degradation at 100% charge - it's 530km and was at around that level when car was new.
Also, I have S3XY buttons (HIGHLY recommend) and its statistics shows:

View attachment 1024146

What are your thoughts on that? (maybe I measure it incorrectly and maybe there is like "healthy" 2-4% degradation which would've been expected)
you probably actually had a 82kwh battery new so youre at just over 3% degradation