Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Nitrogen Question?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I constantly shake my head when this comes up. One of the biggest scams. @Pianewman is correct - our atmosphere is 78% nitrogen. I cannot see much advantage in using 99% nitrogen mix.. or likely less.. do they vacuum out all air before installing nitrogen? Really? How.. and if they did, again, I just don't see any measurable advantage. Most likely, I envision they let "most" of the air out and fill with something.. hopefully pure nitrogen.. but still, mixing with existing air.. maybe 90% nitrogen?

Dealer charging $100.. plus then you cannot add regular air and must pay extra to add air to tires.

I wouldn't pay $1. They would put that green air valve cover on that says, "I'm a sucker".

Hope I don't offend.

I am prolly too harsh. I get it. New expensive vehicle. We all want to do what's best for the car. But, in the case of nitrogen in tires, please pass. Buy winter floor mats, or tint for windows or leather keychain.. or anything else.

Reactions: laservet
Missed that part of the law. Now it should be updated for EVs...

As EV's become more popular, I think that this is only likely, if the law is changed to include a minimum purchase. After all why should gas station owners supply a service that isn't directly (by a charge) or indirectly (by fuel or other sales) recompensed? I think it more likely that electric charging companies will be required to supply air if they charge for for electricity.