Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Nice Fan-made Tesla Commercial

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I made this! I saw quite a bit of traffic coming from TMC, and wanted to say hi. Thank you so much for your feedback, I'm glad you guys liked it!

Special thanks to @spentan, who was kind enough to let us borrow his P85D for a day.

No worries :)

I shared this on many of the facebook groups I'm a part of, and everyone has loved it!

That specific car, is no longer mine, it's being enjoyed by @bmanke

Were the touchscreen and instrument cluster shots shot in 2015? Looks like it still has firmware v 6.x on there, before AP was released for P85Ds. Or has he never updated the firmware?

I sold the car in Feb 2016, the shoot was done way before that, IIRC it was early 2015. Note that its a P85D with Insane mode, would be great to remake it with an S and an X P100D hehe.

Were the touchscreen and instrument cluster shots shot in 2015? Looks like it still has firmware v 6.x on there, before AP was released for P85Ds. Or has he never updated the firmware?

Ha, nice catch. Yeah, we got the footage around mid-late 2015, but other projects popped up and we didn't have time to edit and polish the work until late 2016. (And by then, the body refresh had happened, which is particularly sad.)

Great commercial but that mustache? Cheesy :)
Why is it cheesy? Nikola Tesla sported a mustache. :)

Tesla_circa_1890_slideshow.jpeg

Reactions: sorka