Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Newbie - Registered as interested in the Tesla 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All,

Just signed up after being pointed in this direction by the boss at work (he has two Teslas).

I'm 32, a complete car nut, and have been a fan of Tesla since I first heard about them. Having been out in a Roadster, and a Model S (P85), I am seriously interested in the Tesla 3.

I currently drive both ends of the spectrum. A Supercharger Mustang GT, and a Renault Zoe.

Obviously the Zoe would go back to the French land it came from, and the Tesla 3 would be its replacement.

I've joined to keep tabs on UK info relating to the Tesla 3, most importantly price point... I'd love to see £25k paid by a few hundred quid a month and an upfront deposit is my ideal...but we'll have to see. I believe the UK government has increased it's £5k allowance for electric cars to the end of 2017 too... which might fall nicely for us.

Anywho, that's me :)

Cheers

paid by a few hundred quid a month

My man-maths calculates that I will save £ 100 per month (on fuel) for every 10,000 miles I drive a year. At 25,000 miles a year that is an extra £ 250 per month on the finance package which, in my case, converts a 3-year finance deal on, say, a Golf into a 5-year Model S ... if your annual mileage is negligible then, sorry, that will be no help!

Plus the 100% first-year company write off makes up any other shortfall that any doubting-Thomas might lob at me ...

Welcome, I am 31 and a fellow Zoe Owner in Scotland.
Been considering an S for years but hopefully the 3 meets my needs/wants.

I'll be going to the Edinburgh Store as soon as we can reserve.
I would love to know if there are others coming.

The Zoe saved us a ton last year in Petrol (£1700), Parking (£3000) and commute/trips away (£1000+)
Keeping this or going for whatever is good in December until the Model 3 comes out.

Hi everyone, glad to be here as have been following the stuff here for a while. I'm an owner of a Renault Zoe an BEV here in the UK and Europe and have has the car since September 2013. Having nearly 30,000 electric miles I'm thinking of vlogging my experiences of EV ownership in the UK and about the car. I'd love to know if members think this is a good idea.

Looking to the future I never want to own a fossil fuelled car again and so I have my sights set on owning a Tesla Model 3. I have started a Flipboard to gather all the news http://flip.it/SzzUS and have also created a DIY mini site https://slate.adobe.com/cp/mlN2r/ to gather information. I'm looking to perhaps put a deposit down at Tesla Birmingham once I know more details.

I'd really love to get your thoughts on these and to get to know members here. Chat soon!

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry about the huge type in my previous message. Unsure what's gone on there!