Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

New wheels from Tesla: Aero and Cyclone!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How about a dark color Model S like blue or black with the Aero wheels?

Also that picture is hard to judge due to the angles, but some improvements can probably be done:

aerowheels1.jpg

aerowheels1a.jpg

I still think they look terrible based upon that pic.

Separate subject, why doesn't Tesla wrap the entire car, not just front and back section? Sides are due to get scratched, dinged, etc. And oh how I wish they transported in enclosed.

Here's what the aero wheels look like on black. The lighting wasn't great, but this was at dawn this morning. It looks better than a Big Wheel, but I still don't like these wheels.
Wow, when they were announced I was kind of curious. I mean, more range? That's a good thing, right?
But those wheels are...ugly! They look like those cheap plastic covers that people used to put on steel rims in the 90s. Yikes.

But those wheels are...ugly! They look like those cheap plastic covers that people used to put on steel rims in the 90s. Yikes.

See my comment here.

And yeah, to me they say you're trying to be efficient AT ANY COST. To hell with styling, range is what it's all about!

What's great about Tesla is they've proven you don't have to compromise to be efficient. They strike a great balance.

I actually like the aeros on the dark-colored car.

@SFOTurtle, where did you get this shot from? It's interesting in that this car has the HOV decals and the new aeros; likely an existing owner who somehow got the new wheels?! I've been told by Tesla that they are not available for current owners yet and are shipping straight from the factory on new builds alone...

I actually like the aeros on the dark-colored car.

@SFOTurtle, where did you get this shot from? It's interesting in that this car has the HOV decals and the new aeros; likely an existing owner who somehow got the new wheels?! I've been told by Tesla that they are not available for current owners yet and are shipping straight from the factory on new builds alone...

I took this picture in the parking lot of Tesla's corp. HQ. This was VIN 44, a Signature that I assume was repainted black? I'm guessing Tesla owns this vehicle and perhaps is used in testing. I stop by the HQ parking lot every now and then in the early mornings and see lots of different cars, some brand spanking new and others with older VINs, but almost all with Tesla tags/plates so I assume not owned by employees or guests.

I took this picture in the parking lot of Tesla's corp. HQ. This was VIN 44, a Signature that I assume was repainted black? I'm guessing Tesla owns this vehicle and perhaps is used in testing. I stop by the HQ parking lot every now and then in the early mornings and see lots of different cars, some brand spanking new and others with older VINs, but almost all with Tesla tags/plates so I assume not owned by employees or guests.
Perhaps it was a beta?
5YJSB1A25C1B00044 Beta #44, Sig Red

Ya... that is not an appealing rim at all.
kobeyuck.png

It honestly makes the car look bad. Reminds me of people in racing games that choose the ugliest rims to customize their cars with.
KKeEM.png

I was trying to photoshop around to see what can be done with some color adjustments. The problem comes from the flat lines, they really don't give much room to work with. If the lines were curved, there would be much more room to work with.

Here's what the aero wheels look like on black. The lighting wasn't great, but this was at dawn this morning. It looks better than a Big Wheel, but I still don't like these wheels.

View attachment 30068

Thanks! As I thought, they definitely look better on a darker car. Putting them slightly into "acceptable range"

Wow, when they were announced I was kind of curious. I mean, more range? That's a good thing, right?

Disagree, I think they are a huge improvement over the standard 19" wheels.
I'll be picking up a set as soon as they start selling them separately.