Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New tires

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My Model 3 has the sport 19" tires. I want to buy another set but I want to get the 18" for the winter and keep the 19" for the summer. I am looking around for used ones. Anything I should consider before buying used 18" aero wheels? Is it as simple as any other car? Will there be anything to consider regarding sensors that I need to be aware of?

Will there be anything to consider regarding sensors that I need to be aware of?
@Mario Veras Older Model 3 use a different kind of TPMS sensor than newer ones. If you get TPMS sensors for your winter wheels, be sure to get the right kind. (You don't have to get TPMS sensors. I like the per-wheel PSI readings so I would, but it's really up to you.)

Also, if buying official Tesla TPMS, you can get them with either "silver" or "black" (dark gray) stems. No functional difference, just pick whichever you prefer for matching your wheels. Probably the black ones for the aero wheels.

@Mario Veras Older Model 3 use a different kind of TPMS sensor than newer ones. If you get TPMS sensors for your winter wheels, be sure to get the right kind. (You don't have to get TPMS sensors. I like the per-wheel PSI readings so I would, but it's really up to you.)

Also, if buying official Tesla TPMS, you can get them with either "silver" or "black" (dark gray) stems. No functional difference, just pick whichever you prefer for matching your wheels. Probably the black ones for the aero wheels.
The seller says the sensors are pre-refresh, not BLE. But my Model 3 is 2021 so I presume my car uses BLE. Can the sensors be upgraded to BLE?

Last edited:
The seller says the sensors are pre-refresh, not BLE. But my Model 3 is 2021 so I presume my car uses BLE. Can the sensors be upgraded to BLE?
You can replace them with BLE sensors. Looks like they're on the Tesla website now. You can also get them from any service center as a parts request.

I suggest buying the BLE TPMS yourself and providing them to the tire shop. I doubt any tire shop is going to stock Tesla BLE sensors.

You can replace them with BLE sensors. Looks like they're on the Tesla website now. You can also get them from any service center as a parts request.

I suggest buying the BLE TPMS yourself and providing them to the tire shop. I doubt any tire shop is going to stock Tesla BLE sensors.

Does it have to be Tesla BLE sensors? I see 3rd party BLE sensors on Amazon. I can also ask the shop to transfer them from my 19” wheels to the 18” wheels.