Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New owner stuck in valet mode

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I have an interesting/terrible combination of issues. Bought a 2014 P85 yesterday and somehow the dealer ended up with it in valet mode without knowing the PIN. I was able to talk Tesla support into expediting the transfer of ownership so I could log into the app and disable it. I thought awesome, now I can actually make the journey home with my new toy rather than leaving it behind for the dealer to figure out. Shortly after I left the car appeared in my account but I have yet to be able to connect to it, car seems to have no cellular connection. Have tried soft reset, hard reset and power off with no change. So now I'm stuck with valet mode and no way to send the signal to turn it off. Oddly support said I could just connect to wi-fi instead but wi-fi is disabled in valet mode. o_O Any options left besides making a service center appointment? Unfortunately dealer is 5 hours away, my bad for thinking everything would be good to go after talking to support.
Is it likely the cellular module is completely dead? Anyone familiar with the cost to replace one?
Your Tesla will automatically connect to a service center wifi if you're near one