Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New owner of a used Tesla M3LR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I bought a barely-used '21 M3LR from Larry Miller Toyota of Boulder, CO. I have still a reservation for an AWD VW ID.4, but they kept pushing back the date, and now I'm bumped to at least April if not May of 22. Was not interested in continuing to wait, and the dealership had a M3LR that was just under 7k miles, blue (my fav), dual motor, and I think it was listed for $55k. For a low-mileage car, I was a little concerned about why, but looked it over, test drove it a bit (probably 30 miles or so), and decided to bite the bullet. The prior owner didn't wipe anything, and the dealership had no idea either. I ended up doing that for them, because otherwise I'd have a -lot- of info. Kinda scary..

This isn't my first EV, I owned two Leafs before (now just one, for my wife), and already had a L2 charger at home. Been working on my range anxiety, as this can go roughly 340 miles on a full charge, which is really nice - my Leaf could go about 90 miles max, and I'd get nervous when it got down to 15% battery. I do miss having regen-only without blending in braking, which I used all of the time on the Leaf ("B" mode), but I must admit that 1-pedal driving is really growing on me. What a Leaf EV is to normal cars (say, a Toyota Matrix), the M3 is to the Leaf. It is a pure joy to drive, even in the city. I've already done one road trip (up to Scottsbluff, and got to enjoy the heatpump failing on me... had to full reboot the car when I got to Cheyenne and then it decided to behave), and I'm planning a trip down to Dallas (already used ABRP to plan it out, and should have plenty of range). I've even let my 15 year old (who has a permit) drive it a couple of times!

Ok, I think that's enough of an introduction, I hope to learn a lot from the boards and contribute even as I enjoy Tesla Life!