Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New MY is not syncing all of my contacts

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have had my new MY for a few weeks now and I am struggling to figure out why my contacts are not syncing completely. I investigated and discovered that I am missing all contacts in between E to M (Eric xxx to Matt xxx). The weird thing is my favorites and call history syncs and it shows the missing contacts. It shows an outgoing call and a favorite for Jim for instance but he doesn't appear in the contacts list. They don't resolve when doing voice dialing/texting either. Its like they are there but being hidden from the contacts list.

I went through my phone and car side by side and I have a good amount missing but only that batch in between Eric and Matt. Its the only pattern I can see. I don't have any Exchange servers setup. My contacts come from iCloud and Gmail. Both lists have contacts in that E - M range and both lists have missing contacts on the car. I have found other threads on contacts not syncing but with those the favorites weren't syncing and their problem turned out to be Exchange server related. I don't have any of those complications. Just a simple iPhone with about 100 contacts. I'm missing around 40.

Any suggestions?

I have had my new MY for a few weeks now and I am struggling to figure out why my contacts are not syncing completely. I investigated and discovered that I am missing all contacts in between E to M (Eric xxx to Matt xxx). The weird thing is my favorites and call history syncs and it shows the missing contacts. It shows an outgoing call and a favorite for Jim for instance but he doesn't appear in the contacts list. They don't resolve when doing voice dialing/texting either. Its like they are there but being hidden from the contacts list.

I went through my phone and car side by side and I have a good amount missing but only that batch in between Eric and Matt. Its the only pattern I can see. I don't have any Exchange servers setup. My contacts come from iCloud and Gmail. Both lists have contacts in that E - M range and both lists have missing contacts on the car. I have found other threads on contacts not syncing but with those the favorites weren't syncing and their problem turned out to be Exchange server related. I don't have any of those complications. Just a simple iPhone with about 100 contacts. I'm missing around 40.

Any suggestions?

I have an android phone, so this may not be of much help, but I had an issue with stale/partial contacts syncing with the Tesla, and I was able to get it to refresh by going into the phone settings > apps > see all ### apps > (three dot menu to 'Show system') > Then search for 'contacts' and select 'Contacts Storage' (which is a system app, not the actual contacts app itself), and then click 'Storage and cache' and 'Clear Cache'. This was on Android version 13,Pixel 5 device. After this, when I reconnected my phone to the Tesla, the accurate contact info was displayed. I believe the iPhone might have a way of clearing the cache through Settings, General, Storage pathways, but not sure. Hope someone can help. Need to make sure your contacts are synced somewhere though (I use google cloud, so clearing the cache or app data, or even deleting the contacts app doesn't impact any contacts since they are stored in the cloud and re-sync to the device).