Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New M3 LR and P, LFP or no??

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I absolutely cannot get a straight answer from Tesla. I was initally led to believe the LR was not available for a while because it was going to be updated to have the same batter technology the SR had, which you could charge to 100 percent and so on...now, they are saying they aren't sure but you should charge it to 80% to be safe.

That's lame and uninformative.

Asking about the Performance as well I get some mixed answers that are always vague.

Does anyone straight up know if the latest LR and P models are LFP or not?

Appreciate the straight answer. Do you know anything about this changing or if it's the case in other countries too?
Yes, things differ from continent-to-continent, and over time.
Since you and the majority of us are in the US, that's what we focus and care about.

BTW, the selection of LFP batteries for cheap-o SR model was motivated by lower-cost of LFP batteries. They come from CATL in China.
Until now, that meant no tax credit for the Model 3 SR/RWD or other models using the cheaper battery cells.
With recent spike in tariffs for Chinese-sourced cars (+100%) and batteries (+25%), the math will change. We'll see if Tesla sticks with CATL's LFP batteries in low-end cars, or moves onto something else.

a

Upvote 0