Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New car issues with 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So just purchased model Y on March 14 unfortunately, since that date I’ve had right side repeater camera changed doors of adjusted module for driver door was changed out because the window kept retracting driver door then had a loose part they fixed it. It was triggering the window retraction my rear doors on the vehicle are in the closed position, but on the motherboard and the TV screen, it’s still showing us the windows down every time you open, the rear passenger and driver rear doors, furthermore the trunk when it opens to its final destination sounds like there’s a ping pong that takes a fall every time it opens, all has been addressed to Tesla and awaiting responses. Then I looked at the symmetry of the interior of the door the eight pillars in the front with the windshield the left side, and the right side are completely off. The left side is perfect and symmetrical and flush with the tweeter speaker on the driver door on the passenger door. It is completely pulled away from the pillar I will provide photos and then finally driving the car to Florida from the state of New York. I realize that as cars were passing on the driver side at high speeds, we were getting cold air in the side of our faces from the B pillar where the seatbelt is, if anyone could just look at the photos and give me their feedback, I know some of you guys have addressed us and I wonder what Tesla is doing or are we all driving lemon cars at this point and what dictates a car being Leman with 3000 miles on it ?

Attachments

• IMG_4746.jpeg
    IMG_4746.jpeg
    407.1 KB · Views: 220
  • IMG_4752.jpeg
    IMG_4752.jpeg
    264.2 KB · Views: 136
  • IMG_4756.jpeg
    IMG_4756.jpeg
    466.4 KB · Views: 166
  • IMG_4778.jpeg
    IMG_4778.jpeg
    466.6 KB · Views: 177
Everything you noted are minor defects. Tesla Service should be able to address each item. If you are staying in Florida then engage with the local Florida Tesla Service Center through the Tesla app.

Lemon laws vary by state but in general do not cover cosmetic or fit and finish items. In general the manufacturer or the authorized dealer service has to fail to correct the problem after three separate attempts to make the needed repair. Your vehicle would have to be unavailable/unable to be driven for a total of 30 days in any 1 year.

Upvote 0
Everything you noted are minor defects. Tesla Service should be able to address each item. If you are staying in Florida then engage with the local Florida Tesla Service Center through the Tesla app.

Lemon laws vary by state but in general do not cover cosmetic or fit and finish items. In general the manufacturer or the authorized dealer service has to fail to correct the problem after three separate attempts to make the needed repair. Your vehicle would have to be unavailable/unable to be driven for a total of 30 days in any 1 year.
I appreciate the response. I just been dealing with this since I bought the car and I’m worried about that a pillar on the passenger side. If it can’t be adjusted it’s gonna stay like that permanently. I hope not. I’m taking it to Springfield, New Jersey Tesla service center. Hopefully they’ll have a better attack at this then Brooklyn did Florida I wasn’t able to but I was traveling now I’m back in New York so I’ll take a look at it keep the forum updated I guess just knowledge for everybody but I noticed that a lot of people have been complaining about cold air coming from that pillar on the driver side which is kind of alarming that there’s no full seal of this vehicle so I shouldn’t be buying extra parts. They should be providing all of that for the customer.

Upvote 0
I appreciate the response. I just been dealing with this since I bought the car and I’m worried about that a pillar on the passenger side. If it can’t be adjusted it’s gonna stay like that permanently. I hope not. I’m taking it to Springfield, New Jersey Tesla service center. Hopefully they’ll have a better attack at this then Brooklyn did Florida I wasn’t able to but I was traveling now I’m back in New York so I’ll take a look at it keep the forum updated I guess just knowledge for everybody but I noticed that a lot of people have been complaining about cold air coming from that pillar on the driver side which is kind of alarming that there’s no full seal of this vehicle so I shouldn’t be buying extra parts. They should be providing all of that for the customer.
It has been a few years but the feedback on the quality of service at the Brooklyn SC was not good. Stick with the NJ Service Center if that one is responsive.

Upvote 0
Same problem with my 2023 MYP. Was feeling a draft anytime a large vehicle passed by me also. Took it to the SC where they verified the concern and attempted to adjust the doors. All they did was make my doors crooked and look terrible and the air leak got worse. Took it back again and they ended up having it for 2 months. Once I picked it up the second time it was still not fixed and the doors were now so crooked the car looked like it was in an accident. They ultimately offered to repurchase the vehicle.

Don’t let the Tesla cultists try to tell
You these are minor issues and try to back up a company selling defective cars. There’s no excuse for a $50k+ vehicle to have cold air drafting through when a car passes you on the freeway. Complete bs.

Upvote 0
Same problem with my 2023 MYP. Was feeling a draft anytime a large vehicle passed by me also. Took it to the SC where they verified the concern and attempted to adjust the doors. All they did was make my doors crooked and look terrible and the air leak got worse. Took it back again and they ended up having it for 2 months. Once I picked it up the second time it was still not fixed and the doors were now so crooked the car looked like it was in an accident. They ultimately offered to repurchase the vehicle.

You these are minor issues and try to back up a company selling defective cars. There’s no excuse for a $50k+ vehicle to have cold air drafting through when a car passes you on the freeway. Complete bs.
Hey

So with me they changes the inner and outer seals on the rear and front door. Can you tell me what service center you took it to I am kind of curious. They ultimately fixed it haven’t felt a draft but about to hit the I-95 and will see if it persists. If it continues I would like to have them refer to you case and see what they have to say.

If you don’t mind me asking how much did they pay for the car did you ultimately get all your money back. ?

Thanks for sharing.

Upvote 0

Hi may I ask how your repurchase went? I got offered a repurchase. They offered a repurchase for the full amount but are taking forever to get the process started. Did you purchase a different tesla? Im being told by an advisor at the service center that I can order a new vehicle and they will arrange it so I drop off the vehicle and pick up the new one that day or the next day. The manager at that service center is saying I have to surrender the vehicle and wait four weeks for them to mail me a refund check and the new vehicle order will be separate.

Upvote 0
Glad(?) to hear I'm not alone.
I feel a cold draft from my 23MY driver door lower perimeter.
Not acceptable on a $60K vehicle!
I did a slide paper test on the seal and it slips right through with no resistance, so there is a gap.
Next step - convince service that it is a problem that needs addressing.

Last edited:
Upvote 0