Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Ashlee Vance book on startup space companies post-SpaceX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

ecarfan

Eric Berger reviews the new book by Vance When the Heavens Went on Sale which sounds fascinating.

The book is loosely framed around a basic idea: About 15 years ago, Musk and SpaceX proved that a private company could develop its own liquid-fueled rocket, setting off a wave of new investment in the industry. Venture capitalists were chasing the next Musk and SpaceX as the company's valuation soared above $100 billion. Satellite company Planet, along with launch startups Rocket Lab, Astra, and Firefly, are some of these companies seeking to woo investors.
Note: book is not available until May 9, Berger got an advance copy.

I listen to many audio books as I drive and work. Keeps the demons away. Plug for the local library- they have this book, I listen to a few books a week so the library is a boon. Support your local libraries.

I greatly enjoyed this book. Really interesting background into how small the world is, how unique rocketlabs is compared to everyone else, how 1 dynamic USA general had an outsize impact on the whole space industry. Fascinating read/listen. Much better than the EM book IMO. Maybe because much of it was new to me.