Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New 20'' Two-Tone Slipstream Wheel Option

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think it is paint. I felt the spokes on the demo at my store. For sure it is clear coated on top so likely paint.
IMG_1890.jpg

Actually, I think these stickers can’t be right. Especially when you look at the photo renderings... it shows a nifty smooth black cap over the valve stem... so my guess is that these photos of turd muffin black tape wheels are kind of a place holder ... they can’t be that bad... Franz would have an aneurysm

I was going for the same look for my X. Took some Plasti-dip and taped off those pockets. Made the wheels look much larger. Overall a very positive improvement on the heavy look of the stock wheels.

My Plasti-dip did not end up very well, as when I removed my painters tape it pulled off some of the rubber paint.

The Tesla version looks much better than my DIY project as they leave a slim silver ring around the entire wheel. Much cleaner and professional look.

$500 per wheel is pretty steep for this effect.

• Helpful
Reactions: X-pilot
Well I safely opted out of them and changed my order. Good ol' slipstreams and if I get curious, I'll buy some black tape.
I have them. My first reaction was the same - up close it doesn’t look as sophisticated as I’d like. But it’s growing on me.

I’m playing with the idea of adding a black wheel band to delete the tiny silver rim - not sure if anyone out there has done that and has a picture?
E896C5FE-C288-4A3C-AA25-09E048CDF2DC.jpeg

I have them. My first reaction was the same - up close it doesn’t look as sophisticated as I’d like. But it’s growing on me.

I’m playing with the idea of adding a black wheel band to delete the tiny silver rim - not sure if anyone out there has done that and has a picture?
View attachment 418745
They definitely look sharp in the wild. I wouldn’t delete the silver rim... those look great

I'm also wondering the same as my @mal_tsla, can you tell us any more specific about this kit? Who is manufacturing it, where to purchase, how to apply, what kind of materials are going to be used, etc? Thanks in advance!

I’m curious too. Wouldn’t pay $2000 but I like the look.

Currently available for $49 for a kit that does 4 wheels on our website Kenriko.com

More info here: Vendor - Model X Two-Tone Wrap Kits

I realize we might not be as well known in the Model X community but we’ve been making various wrap kits for the Model 3 for quite some time.

The kits are manufactured at our facility in Houston Texas. We use either 3M 1080 or Oracal 970RA automotive vinyl depending on the finish.