Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Need help: some key dimensions of the UMC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm beginning work on my new curbside charging station and need a few key dimensions for the UMC prior to receiving may car or the spare UMC I've ordered.

I need two dimensions:

1. The length of the plug with the 14-50 adapter attached (not including the actual plug prongs). See the diagram below.

2. The length of the short cable from the body of the UMC to the plug.

Thanks!!

plug.jpg

I just took a quick measurement.

For the "plug", I get: 4 3/4"

For the short segment of cable up to the elbow in the plug, including the lighted box, i get: 22".

I hope this helps. Good luck with your project. Be sure to post pictures of the finished product.

Hi, I am new to the board and grateful for all the help and info provided here. I am taking delivery in a week or 2 and am trying to set up a 240V outlet on the outside of my house. I wanted to house it so it was protected from all the weather we have in CT while in use. Would anyone be able to confirm the dimensions above are correct so I can find a cover/housing deep enough to accept the plug while being covered. Thanks

Thanks, I have previously looked over those threads & they are helpful. However no luck so far finding an in-use cover that can work to fully protect the plug. Aside from putting the outlet on the bottom of the box like in one of the threads. I figure you need about 5.5" of clearance from the outlet face. Trying if i can find an alternative.

Thanks, I have previously looked over those threads & they are helpful. However no luck so far finding an in-use cover that can work to fully protect the plug. Aside from putting the outlet on the bottom of the box like in one of the threads. I figure you need about 5.5" of clearance from the outlet face. Trying if i can find an alternative.

Yeah, I wasn't able to find one that fully covered the plug. The door on mine doesn't close all the way, but it does protect the plug from rain. When it rains, even very hard, no water gets on the plug or outlet. The cover acts as an umbrella and it closes enough so rain can't get in from the side.

I'm trying to plan my installation perfectly... Could someone please post the rest of the lengths? First two were answered earlier in this thread, can someone measure and post the rest below?

* length of wall plug? 4 3/4"
* length of short cable from wall plug to brick? 22"
* length of brick? ___
* length of long part of cable between brick and car plug? ___
* length of car plug? ___

I've heard conflicting reports that the total cable length is 20' or 18' - although I believe it's actually 20' because that's what the PDF from Tesla says...
Thanks in advance...