Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Need Advice: Should I Let Tesla Replace Rear Wheel Plastic Trim?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I recently picked up my car and noticed a scratch on the rear wheel plastic trim. I've attached a picture here for reference. When I pointed it out to the Service Advisor, they acknowledged the scratch and offered to schedule a mobile service to replace the trim for me.

However, after doing some research online, I've learned that plastic trim cannot be easily repaired and that using a product like 303 can help make the color more uniform. Now I'm torn between letting Tesla replace the trim or simply applying 303 to improve its appearance. I'm worried that the replacement process might potentially make the situation worse.

I would greatly appreciate your insights and experiences with similar issues. Have any of you faced a similar situation? What would you recommend in this case? Should I go ahead with the replacement or opt for the 303 solution?

Thank you in advance for your advice and guidance. Your input will be invaluable in helping me make an informed decision.

Last week I replaced my trim with some glossy black, looks soo much better... Look up PIT66 Model Y Wheel Trim on Amazon.

As far as repair, some quick torching restores the color (but I would take off the trim first), taking off the trim is extremely easy.