Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

NEC Pick up

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
you'd kind of think they'd be a bit more eager to impress.
It's crazy isn't it.

It just dawned on me that it's been nearly two weeks since my 'delivery' date was cancelled. I've spoken to several people via chat / phone and even popped into my local service centre and spoke to someone there. Alas, I have no more information now than I did two weeks ago, if anything I'm even more confused. It feels like the most abusive relationship I've ever been in, they have turned gaslighting and ghosting into an art form. Yet, I'm sure that will all be forgotten once I get the car.

• Funny
Reactions: AndyFov
Hope you all had a good Easter.

Thought it was worth a bump to see how everyone is getting on with their orders?

I'm coming up to two weeks since my order collection date at the NEC was cancelled. Since then I have been told that there are logistics issues but also more recently that the car now seems some parts fixing to ensure the Used Tesla is in perfect condition.

I'm super eager to get the car as I am now car-less. Hope everyone else has had better luck than I!

Hope you all had a good Easter.

Thought it was worth a bump to see how everyone is getting on with their orders?

I'm coming up to two weeks since my order collection date at the NEC was cancelled. Since then I have been told that there are logistics issues but also more recently that the car now seems some parts fixing to ensure the Used Tesla is in perfect condition.

I'm super eager to get the car as I am now car-less. Hope everyone else has had better luck than I!
Hi Yep, Same here, can't seem to get any answers out of them. Have assumed that there in nobody working over the Easter break. I placed my order on the 14th March so will be 4 weeks tomorrow. I am hoping that i hear this week but I'm off on holiday on Sunday for 2 weeks so sods law it will be while I am away. Has anyone had any experience changing a collection date from the NEC (Assuming that is where it will be from)

I ordered 15th March, I have a feeling there was some sort of system glitch that gave us 31st March delivery dates, or we simply got bumped to meet new orders for end of Q1.

I got an SMS on Friday saying my arrival date is ‘being calculated’, some guys over on the other thread got 14th April dates assigned. I think they are starting to move through the backlog now, hopefully we’ll all see our cars in the next 2 weeks.

Yes, as @redmamoth said, I've got a preliminary date of the 14th of April. I feel a bit bad if that works out as I only ordered my car on the 19th of March, so I'll have been one of the quickest from what I can work out (assuming I do get it on the 14th). I was also initially told Northampton, then it changed to the NEC and I did confirm when I got my SMS saying the 14th that it was still the NEC. Mind you, we are 3 days away and I've had no invoice through, no updated messages and am not exactly holding my breath for this to go through smoothly!

Sorry to awaken a thread after a year, but can any of those which collected from NEC advise if you had to pay for any form of parking when you stopped outside hall 16?

I'm due to collect M3H from NEC at start of Feb and have never been to NEC before as my last M3 was collected from the National Space Center in Leicester. My other half is dropping me over in her company Skoda but will likely want to hang about for a nosey and a coffee before heading home.

Nope, follow the signs...stop for the barrier! Plenty of parking
Not the most 'hang out and nose' friendly place. It's pretty much a massive tent with a portocabin for an office.
Thanks @Cloggie, Leicester was much the same when we collected there a couple of years ago so I imagine it's the same setup. It's more just that she would want to come and have a glance at my new car before leaving me to inspect it, grabbing a coffee, and going home.

Glad I didn't use the NECs pre-book parking now! That's £12 saved! Assume if I wanted/needed to go to a zone with rapid chargers then I'd be looking to need to pay for parking as well as the charge rate, or am I better off heading off with what juice I have and charging when the car dictates? (I imagine somewhere like NEC will have inflated rates)

Reactions: Cloggie
There is a massive BP pulse charging area nearby, you'll drive past it. I recently picked up my MY, it had about 25% charge with 100 free supercharger miles. There are a few other charge options nearby, bp pulse Charging Station · National Exhibition Centre, 3 E Car Park Rd, Marston Green, Birmingham B40 1PW, United Kingdom There is a Starbucks on site :)
Excellent, thanks for the info..I'll definitely need a charge before I set off then as I'll have a 2.5hr drive home!!

Disappointing that the batteries are at such a low state of charge on delivery, back in '21 when I picked up my last M3 it was delivered at 70%!