Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Navigation Quirk

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know I rely on the Midlantic group rather than nation or worldwide. Sorry but I always get great responses here. Each morning when I get in car my screen shows navigation to my "work" address. In my case its not my work address but another location. What is odd is that I don't request it. It is simply on screen when I get in car. It also seems frustrating in that if you are leaving home and going to work five days a week, its likely one doesn't need this as it isn't Waze picking up road closures, slow traffic etc. You'd think heading off to work 240 days a year, you would know how to get there. Has anyone experienced this condition? Am I missing some setting?

I know I rely on the Midlantic group rather than nation or worldwide. Sorry but I always get great responses here. Each morning when I get in car my screen shows navigation to my "work" address. In my case its not my work address but another location. What is odd is that I don't request it. It is simply on screen when I get in car. It also seems frustrating in that if you are leaving home and going to work five days a week, its likely one doesn't need this as it isn't Waze picking up road closures, slow traffic etc. You'd think heading off to work 240 days a year, you would know how to get there. Has anyone experienced this condition? Am I missing some setting?
What address is it navigating to? If you choose the Work address option, is it correct? If not, you can update it to have your correct work address. You can disable the automatic navigate to work/home feature if you don't want it to navigate automatically.

Yes, we all know how to get to work but if there's been an accident or a slowdown on my normal route, I'd rather know when I start my trip as that would affect which alternate route I take. At my old job, I only had bad traffic maybe twice in 8 years. At my new job, there's been construction going on for over two years for much of my commute. Depending on construction, weather, traffic accidents, etc., I might take a totally different way to or from work each day of the week. Things have gotten better now that construction is finally winding down but I appreciate my car notifying me if there's a delay and if I need to take an alternate route.

Thx Morrison, I had no idea Tesla navigation factored in construction, accidents etc. I believed it simply plotted a route as though nothing else in the world mattered. Yes, I'll run through screens to disable auto navigate to Work

Note that if you sync your calendar with the car, it will also navigate to an event that is around the time you are driving if you have included the address of the event in your calendar. I purposely try to ensure events I will drive to have an address in the calendar event as I find that feature useful vs. sharing the location from my phone to the Tesla app or typing it in manually.