Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Navigate on Autosteer question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I haven’t seen this mentioned before and wondered if my experience with Navigate on Autosteer is typical. I activated the ‘lane change without confirmation’ today for a short trip. It worked fine, but each time it initiated a lane change it asked me to apply pressure to the steering wheel before it would change lanes. Is that the way it’s supposed to work?

Yeah it's annoying to the point that I went back to confirming with the stalk. Between the normal apply pressure as you are just cruising along and the need to do the same for every lane change it wasn't worth using IMO. Plus seems to react a bit quicker using the stalk confirm.

Totally agree ,.. Some of the new features are more trouble than the manual activation ...All necessary on the way to FSD, I guess ..
On that note , I think that the majority of FSD will be too annoying to use except in some situations ..(Like the AutoPilot is wonderfull on freeways , but not so great on two lane roads ,yet) ..

I drove two hours on NoA with the usual asymmetrical grip applying constant torque to the wheel. NoA made many unconfirmed lane changes without any extra jiggling of the wheel except for once. I probably let up on the torque just when it wanted it. So it works unconfirmed for me. 2019.12.1.1 firmware.