Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

National Plug-In Day in Sarasota

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just a heads-up....

This years NPID will be celebrated with cars, exhibitors and vendors for a fun day out at Mote Marine Aquarium in Sarasota on Sunday, September 29th.

More details to follow, but if you're interested in taking part drop me a PM.

(Declaration: I am a board member of, and affiliated with, Mote Marine Laboratory, a 501C3 research and educational facility)

Update:

vendors and exhibitor spots are filling up nicely. Larry has a list of thoise willing to show their private cars; we look good for Model Ss but another Roadster wouldn't hurt. (Jordan, you still planning on coming?)

This will be on Sept 29th at Mote Marine Aquarium: http://mote.org/energy from 10.00am-4.00pm. We have food and refreshment vendors this year (after last year being killed by the heat) and we'll end with a joint drive to the Beach House on Longboat Key for dinner, a few beers and a beautiful FL sunset.

Nigel, Chris Sharek sent out an e-mail with the list of EVs chosen to be displayed, so I opted to have my wife display our S at Temple Terrace this year. Only problem, I have to work that day:crying:

PS, could use a Roadster up here tho.

Speaking of HPWC, will there be any charging locations for our ancient Roadsters? I will definitely need something after coming across from Satellite Beach.

Options: we could put you on the Chargepoint spot and you can stay plugged in all day. There's free ones all around Sarasota and you're welcome to plug in at our place (we're not far from I-75) if you need to top off.

Nigel, Chris Sharek sent out an e-mail with the list of EVs chosen to be displayed, so I opted to have my wife display our S at Temple Terrace this year. Only problem, I have to work that day:crying:

PS, could use a Roadster up here tho.

I believe that last year Warren brought both of his cars to the Temple Terrace event. Maybe he'll do the same this year.

Larry

- - - Updated - - -

Update:

vendors and exhibitor spots are filling up nicely. Larry has a list of thoise willing to show their private cars; we look good for Model Ss but another Roadster wouldn't hurt. (Jordan, you still planning on coming?)

This will be on Sept 29th at Mote Marine Aquarium: http://mote.org/energy from 10.00am-4.00pm. We have food and refreshment vendors this year (after last year being killed by the heat) and we'll end with a joint drive to the Beach House on Longboat Key for dinner, a few beers and a beautiful FL sunset.

When your plans are firmed up those who plan on attending the event please shoot me an email at [email protected]. Let me know if you would like to join us in our post-event EV rally to the Beachhouse restaurant.

Larry

Attachments

• 2013_Plug_In_Day_Flyer_8.5x11.pdf
    1 MB · Views: 118
NPID.png

National Plug In Day event in Sarasota today Sep. 29th 2013

First and foremost I would like to take this opportunity to thanks Nigel and Larry for making this event possible and for allowing me to display their cars.. My detail studio was one of the sponsors for this great and fun event where I was introduced to some really nice people (more Tesla owners :smile:)

Attachments

• IMG_1680.JPG
    IMG_1680.JPG
    3.6 MB · Views: 138
  • IMG_1678.JPG
    IMG_1678.JPG
    3.7 MB · Views: 148
Last edited:
Huge thanks to everyone who took part! We estimate over 500 visitors, numerous EV's (~45) including 12 Model S and lots of fun with vendors, sponsors and drivers. David from Tesla was doing Ride & Drives in Model S and that was definitely the hit of the day, even the Chair of Sarasota County Commission took a ride and was still grinning and talking about it her speech. Lots of press and 3 TV stations! :-D

Photos: http://galleries.heraldtribune.com/default.aspx?id=365148#/0

Last edited: