Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MYP vs Genesis GV60

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I read somewhere that Porsche actually does no regen with the accelerator, but applies regen through the brakes only. So when you step on the brakes it goes regen to max and then applies actual brakes when driver is requesting more braking power than regen can provide.

When I first read this I thought "why in the world would they do it that way?" but upon further thought it actually is probably the better way.

Sometimes, especially in slick conditions, high regen is very dangerous. It's like applying the brakes when uncalled for, and it can break your traction loose.

Porsche also did some testing and found that the double losses (slowing down when not needed and then regen'ing that power to then speed up again) is actually worse than no regen on gas pedal at all.

I think this is the way all electric cars should be. It's more complicated (Tesla uses physical brakes and the brake pedal doesn't apply regen directly) but I think it's more efficient and safer this way.

Are they?

Taycan 4S got 323 miles out of a 100kwh battery. Plaid got 345 miles out of a 100kwh battery. Of course Plaid was more than double the power.

• Informative
Reactions: woolymammoth17