Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MYLR all season tyres

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As they are now. Fitted last December with 8-10k miles on them, so no more “settling” to be done. They don’t look as pronounced as those first pics but they don’t extend past the rim edge like the OEM Hankooks. I’m fine with them based on the performance of the tyre, but hopefully that helps someone swithering between these and the others
Thanks @KCH1984 . Indeed, much less dramatic but I can see you probably had a kerb hit In the front judging by the first picture.
Also these are the 104H so I assume the CrossClimate2 SUV version.
There is now the 104V CrossClimate2 (non-SUV). I wonder how this compares too.

Thanks @KCH1984 . Indeed, much less dramatic but I can see you probably had a kerb hit In the front judging by the first picture.
Also these are the 104H so I assume the CrossClimate2 SUV version.
There is now the 104V CrossClimate2 (non-SUV). I wonder how this compares too.
It was actually a raised drain cover, surprised the damage wasn’t worse but the tyre offered little to no protection it has to be said.

I’d be tempted by the newer 104V fitment, but it wasn’t an option when I got those. I’d actually originally ordered the Pirelli but stock was thin on the ground across the board so I jumped on the CC2 when it became available

Reactions: WllXM
It was actually a raised drain cover, surprised the damage wasn’t worse but the tyre offered little to no protection it has to be said.

I’d be tempted by the newer 104V fitment, but it wasn’t an option when I got those. I’d actually originally ordered the Pirelli but stock was thin on the ground across the board so I jumped on the CC2 when it became available
Yes, prices have already gone up c.+10% since I looked in early Sept, so I guess I should hit the button pretty soon before everyone else switches before winter and most of them are unavailable. I’ll ring my local garage on Monday and see what they can fit between the two at the earliest & if they have a better deal

Due to change tyres too and I'm hesitating between the two because Michelin has a £100 cashback promotion for their tyres until the end of the year. (https://offer.michelin.co.uk/pim4-uk)

Guys - Form and Ts & Ca say you need a “Promotional Code” to take advantage of this - any idea where you get it (and if it’s unique to individuals or just a generic?). I can’t find reference to the promo elsewhere - so I’m wondering if it’s being buried.

Thanks Kelvin - I was lost how to take advantage of it. IIRC the offer is graduated by rim size. I’m speccing 18” x4 and I think it tops out at £50 as a result - you need 19” tyres for £100 - hopefully save you some disappointment!

You need to subscribe to the newsletter and the promo code is apparently on its banner; Newsletter | MICHELIN

I found OEM MICHELIN PILOT SPORT 4 18" tyres at £209.40 with a further 10% off today, from Blackcircles. Then factor in the £100 cashback, and that's got to be the cheapest.
Cannot be used in conjunction with other offers. So if you got the -10% from blackcircles for Michelin promotion, i believe your 100 cashback claim will be rejected.

Good to know. How do they fit with respect to the rim? Probably not a deal breaker but the MY does seem to have a pronounced lip
They extend over the rim just a bit. Ignore the 44PSI on the inflator, BTW, it undermeasures so I have to set the fill limit higher
IMG_0884.jpeg
IMG_0882.jpeg

I need to buy new all season tyres, and really am hesitating between the Michelins CC2 and the Continental AllSeasonContact.
They are priced the same.
Hopefully @jamr can shed some light on the protruding rims for the 19" but I don't believe he follows this thread anymore.

I must say this pic about the Michelin is really putting me off... hopefully it was a one-off mistake, but I hope the Contis are better.

Maybe @jamr could share a photo of their Continental tyres?

Sorry about the delay, it seems that I turned off my notifications. I have uploaded some pictures for you to check out. Judging from the pictures I have seen of some of the other tyres, the Contis fit is very much the same as the OEM Hankooks.

I am very pleased with these tyres as I can notice no discernible cabin noise increase and the efficiency does not seem to be reduced much at all.

Attachments

• IMG20231002103525.jpg
    IMG20231002103525.jpg
    570.6 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG20231002103555.jpg
    IMG20231002103555.jpg
    491.2 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG20231002103608.jpg
    IMG20231002103608.jpg
    541.1 KB · Views: 80
I'm looking to get a MY in December and would prefer all season tyres. Has anyone requested Tesla to fit these for pick-up? Not really wanting to be stuck with 4 summer tyres in my garage
Tesla won’t, at least not in the UK. They won’t even fit a private plate if you had one. They are far from being an accommodating company in this respect. Last time I looked the Tesla store also only had snow chains so you can’t even order a set of winter wheels to go alongside the ones the car will come with.

I think your best bet will be to change the tyres on delivery and you could look to swap them over in the summer, or try and sell them.

Reactions: Cloggie
Sorry about the delay, it seems that I turned off my notifications. I have uploaded some pictures for you to check out. Judging from the pictures I have seen of some of the other tyres, the Contis fit is very much the same as the OEM Hankooks.

I am very pleased with these tyres as I can notice no discernible cabin noise increase and the efficiency does not seem to be reduced much at all.
Every time I see images like this (and also those of the CC2 posted earlier in the thread) it just looks more and more like the wrong section of tyre has been fitted. Has anyone tried fitting a larger width tyre? 255 is the absolute minimum for a 9.5J wheel which is what the 19" Geminis are. Would need a suitable profile to try and get close to the overall circumference.

Every time I see images like this (and also those of the CC2 posted earlier in the thread) it just looks more and more like the wrong section of tyre has been fitted. Has anyone tried fitting a larger width tyre? 245 is the absolute minimum for a 9.5J wheel which is what the 19" Geminis are, 255 is much more realistic, with a suitable profile to try and get close to the overall circumference.

The Model Y's 19" tyre size is 255/45/19. Do you mean has anyone tried 265?

I was looking at which wider sizes could be used as I am looking for some A/S to go on a set of refurbed Geminis - You can get CC in the 285/45R19 but its the SUV version although unlike the the 255/45R19 which are H these are W so would work well for the MY, shame there isn't a 265 or 275 which would be better suited

I must say thanks to @jamr post, the Continental in manufacturer spec of 255/45/19 looks perfect on the rims. Much better than the Michelin... They look completely flush with the rim.. So it might be a better buy.
Also, I understand they perform slightly better on wet too..

Reactions: jamr
I was looking at which wider sizes could be used as I am looking for some A/S to go on a set of refurbed Geminis - You can get CC in the 285/45R19 but its the SUV version although unlike the the 255/45R19 which are H these are W so would work well for the MY, shame there isn't a 265 or 275 which would be better suit
275/40/19 comes in All Season in all the right speed & load ratings;