Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MY23 - Windows move when I first get in and press brake pedal - version 2023.44.30.4

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Strange thing - I updated a couple weeks back and recently I’ve been noticing that when I first get into the car and press the brake pedal, the windows “cinch” up to make sure they’re closed. It’s a bit startling and I didn’t know if this was something that came out in the recent update, or a setting I need to look into.

Thanks!

I've noticed the same thing, but don't think it happens all the time. I'll pay more attention today.
Pretty sure it started with 2023.44.30.5.1. I updated to 2023.44.30.7 a couple days ago and don't recall it doing it since. Or maybe I've just gotten used to it.

My '23 MY started doing that after one of the 2023.38.x updates. It was definitely before one of the 2023.44.x updates. And, it only seems to happen when it is cold...and it has been colder than it's ever been during the 9 months I've owned the vehicle.

Strange thing - I updated a couple weeks back and recently I’ve been noticing that when I first get into the car and press the brake pedal, the windows “cinch” up to make sure they’re closed. It’s a bit startling and I didn’t know if this was something that came out in the recent update, or a setting I need to look into.

Thanks!

This feature is covered in the manual:

=========================================

Windows​

• In the mobile app, go to Climate, swipe up from the bottom and select Defrost Car, which helps melt snow, ice, and frost on the windshield, windows, and mirrors.
  • In cold temperatures, Model Y automatically makes a slight adjustment to the position of the windows to make it easier to open doors.

• Informative
Reactions: zroger73
One issue with "living" or "live" owner's manuals is that they can and do change over time - not only to correct errors, but to align with changes made by software.

I used to read owner's manuals for ICEVs from cover to cover. The information in the manuals would never change nor would the vehicle.

Now, we're in a different place. The owner's manual you read today is not necessarily the same owner's manual you read tomorrow. :)

Reactions: JWhite65