Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MX Tailgate/trunk lid, parts on back order

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,
I had a small incident where I damaged my tailgate / trunk lid and it needs to be replaced, however Tesla are saying it’s on back order with no dates available.
Has anyone else seen issues like this before? Any idea how long they usually take to sort out?
Do dealers tend to hold stock anywhere? If Tesla are saying there are none, is that just at factory or could there be a supply anywhere else?

Thanks,
Tom

Hi all,
I had a small incident where I damaged my tailgate / trunk lid and it needs to be replaced, however Tesla are saying it’s on back order with no dates available.
Has anyone else seen issues like this before? Any idea how long they usually take to sort out?
Do dealers tend to hold stock anywhere? If Tesla are saying there are none, is that just at factory or could there be a supply anywhere else?

Thanks,
Tom
Oh no! We are actually in the same boat and need our tailgate replaced on our new 2023 Model Y. We are still waiting on details. We were told we could go to a Tesla certified shop and the tailgate could be sent there. Have you received any new information?

Hi all,

Thanks,
Tom
Is there anything we can do or just sit there - pay monthly lease - and not be able to drive our car? I have part on back order with no ETA and the part is installed daily on numerous new vehicles - with no regard for current owners. How is this legal? I love my car but would think twice before buying another Tesla as this is very upsetting.