Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Blog Musk Says Cyberquad Will Be ‘Least Dangerous ATV’

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

When Tesla debuted the norm-defying Cybertruck they surprised fans with an all-electric ATV prototype that will be sold alongside the truck.

It doesn’t seem the four-wheeler was a prop for the Cybertruck event. Chief Executive Elon Musk said Thursday during the company’s shareholder meeting that the company’s upcoming factory in Texas will produce the Cyberquad in addition to the Cybertruck.

Musk also provided some new details on the Cyberquad’s development. Noting that ATVs can often be dangerous and prone to flipping over. Tesla aims to create a safer design.

“The ATV is an interesting design challenge because ATVs are pretty dangerous,” Musk said. “And so, we want to make an ATV that is the least dangerous ATV… So it will have a really low center of gravity because the battery pack will be down low. And I think we could do some things with the suspension and just make it really hard to roll this thing.”

Unfortunately, it will be a while before the Cybertruck and Cyberquad become available. Musk said limited production of the Cybertruck will begin at the end of 2022 and volume production will begin in 2023.

Are you interested in adding the Cyberquad as an accessory to your Cybertruck?

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been in discussions with my local Polaris dealer as to how to order the Li battery powered Ranger. So far, not even the dealers have any more information on the ATV other than the 5 PR videos. Stay tuned. More information is coming in December 2021.
We have one of the late model Ranger UTV EVs (runs on lead acid batteries). It's smaller than our gas powered 700, but for two people, there's plenty of room. The range isn't fantastic, I would say it's at/around 20 miles on a full charge. The quiet operation is awesome though.

Reactions: jabloomf1230
Here's Polaris' new UTV. Price is right in there with gas side by sides

I was seriously considering buying it but the base model with the smaller battery is $25K US and that's with no doors, no roof, etc.. I guess it doesn't matter to Polaris since they sold out the entire model year already.