Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Multiple Warning Symbols on Model 3 Display

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

evorg88

May 21, 2023
UK
Morning all,

I’m new to the forum, I’m hoping someone can set my mind at ease or point me in the right direction…

Last night I was driving home and got a warning on the display relating to steering assistance. It stated that greater steering force may be required. Following that, I got a load of warning lights on the display: ABS, Traction Control, Airbag to name a few. Then the headlights started flashing on and off randomly. I had the radio on at the time, and this would crackle, then go silent each time just before the headlights would flash.

Unsure as to whether it’s a bug from the latest update, I gave it a reboot and put it on charge for the night in the hope it was something software related and it could correct itself.

Unfortunately not. I drove it this morning, and 2 minutes into the journey the same thing happened again. This time also intermittently reporting a fault relating to the autopilot.

The car is only 16 months old, and has done 8000 miles. I’ve requested a service appointment with Tesla, but just wanted to check whether anyone else has experienced something similar? It’s also got me wondering whether it’s safe to drive?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Hey any update on what happened?
Hey, sorry I should have updated the thread,

They tried connecting remotely to diagnose the issues, but determined it needed to go in for a wiring harness check.

Took it to my nearest Tesla service centre, they checked it over and determined it needed a steering rack replacement and harness repair. Apparently there’s some electrical connections on the steering rack that are susceptible to water ingress. Took about 7 days to complete the repair. Now it’s good as new. All work carried out under warranty so luckily I didn’t have to pay a penny.