Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Multi-Day Mt Rainier Park Trip

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Planning a 2 night trip to Mt Rainier National park, staying overnight in a cabin in Packwood with my 2018 MX 100D. Hoping to hike trails in Ohanapecosh, Sunrise & Paradise visitor centers. According to ABRP, no SC nearby. Closest is Yakima past the mountains or Auburn on the Western side. Already planning to do trickle charging at night in the Cabin, but concerned that driving around and parked, I'll take more charge than my trickle charge replenishes at night. Anyone do a similar trip and if so any tips / advice would be appreciated!

Reactions: IdaX
We routinely hit up Sunrise and Paradise from Redmond in our S85. We can do Sunrise with about 20% buffer and Paradise with about a 5% buffer, all leaving at 100%. Have stopped before at Alexander's for a quick charge to make it to a supercharger. Their chargers are not locked or restricted and we left some cash and a note in the key drop.

If you trickle charge you should be golden. You'll get more range than you expect over 2 nights charging and should regen most/all of the range you lose going uphill by climbing downhill.

If you want more piece of mind, plug every stop into the car's navigation as one multi-stop trip. Should give you a sense of how much buffer you have to play with.

Reactions: ArmandRose
Upvote 0
[UPDATED] Just came back from our 2 night trip. Here was how we did:
Turned on Range Mode on Model X, and turned off Sentry mode to conserve charge
1. Snoqualmie to Sunrise Visitor Center - 100% to 56%
2. Sunrise Visitor Center to Packwood - 56% to 50%
3. Night (1) Packwood - Managed to snag a 10-50 Level 2 charger , charged to 60%, then trickle charge to 70% overnight.
4. Packwood to Ohanapecosh and back mid-60%, trickle charged back to 70%.
5. Packwood to Yakima - 70% to 40%, then supercharged at Yakima SC to 95%
6, Yakima to Snoqualmie - 95% to 49%

Previous posted was absolutely correct, trickle charge overnight, and it will be super easy.
Used also ABRP, the % came out 1-2% vs reality.

Upvote 0