Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MS P100D - 0-60 - 19" vs 20" vs 21" - Best Time

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All --

I'm a new P100D MS owner, and looking to get some summer tires. I've read a bunch of different comments on the various options in tires, but not much regarding 0-60 based on rim size and weight.

I've seen posts of 0-60 @ 2.42 seconds on OEM arachnids and ADV.1 rims, so I know this is possible.

I'm evaluating the following three items:

1. Staggered vs non-staggered
2. 19" vs 20" vs 21"
3. Weight reduced wheels 24 lbs, vs 28 lbs vs 33 lbs.

Just curious who could shed light? These are lots of variables, just wondering if someone can point me in the right direction.

I'm leaning towards a 20" summer tire, not sure about wheel weight or staggered or not and want a 2.8 or less 0-60. Comments would be appreciated. Slips and details would be more appreciated :)

Lighter weight, so arachnids, are a little faster . . . otherwise doesn't matter. Based on cars with logged timeslips on dragtimes where I happen to know the wheel sizes varying from 21 to 19 and no correlation with times.

would like to see someone put a set of LW rotors on the car to save about 20-24 lbs of rotating mass, and a set of 19" OZ wheels or something like 23 lb Enkeis that are super light to save another 30 lbs vs. the Arachnids or OEM 19s. Not sure if they can handle the weight of the MS though.

Reactions: Cripps
would like to see someone put a set of LW rotors on the car to save about 20-24 lbs of rotating mass, and a set of 19" OZ wheels or something like 23 lb Enkeis that are super light to save another 30 lbs vs. the Arachnids or OEM 19s. Not sure if they can handle the weight of the MS though.
RB brakes and Lexani Monobloc forged rims here. Yes, the Lexanis handle the weight even with some driver error. Friends VBox pegs Nicki at 2.4 0-60 with the frunk in, other removables out (mats, trunk covers, etc.). No difference in range as far as I can tell, seems better but too small to measure.
My how - to on the rotors
RB 2 piece rotors Front and Rear for Tesla - RacingBrake Forums