Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MOT recommendation for North East?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all

My Model 3 needs its first MOT this month. Anyone know anywhere in the North East area that knows how to handle a Tesla?

Don't want to give it to some random garage for them to say "yes don't worry" and they end up listing it incorrectly and damaging something.

Thanks

I just had mine done at a Halfords Autocentre in Notts - no issues, sailed through.
The specifically list MOT & service bookings for EVs, so I would guess they are getting training on the various EVs on the market.

I have used this branch for tyres & some work on the wife's BMW, so I know they aren't muppets - YMMV.

Halfords currently have Black Fri offers on MOT still running - £10 off

Don't know North East specifics, Had a simliar exp to Cilonen but Kwik fit in Leeds/Bradford area, knew exactly what to do and had all the pucks, etc ready (I had my front 2 tyres changed at the same time). Said they had been fully trained in EVs and done a load of Tesla recently so I don't think its such an issue these days for the big garage chains.