Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

More price drops coming?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What they might get are the ones looking at the Rav4 Prime or Lexus NX350s. This puts the Y into around the same price range after taxes. It's in Tesla's favor as there is barely stock for the Rav4s and most dealerships are still adding market adjustments of $1000-8000 to the MSRP which makes those cars even more overpriced.
That’s a reasonable assumption that it’ll pull a few. However I think there are a lot of people who want a plug in hybrid want the gas engine for flexibility.

I considered the NX but realized there wasn’t enough battery for my commute. However my friend got a rav 4 prime for the gas engine and didn’t consider any pure evs.

• Informative
Reactions: ElectricIAC
That’s a reasonable assumption that it’ll pull a few. However I think there are a lot of people who want a plug in hybrid want the gas engine for flexibility.

I considered the NX but realized there wasn’t enough battery for my commute. However my friend got a rav 4 prime for the gas engine and didn’t consider any pure evs.
We picked up an X5 45e to replace our P3D last year. Pretty snazzy.

Reactions: tonyz1

rav 4 prime are unicorns

Re: More price cuts coming?
Depends on whether Elon has learned from recent events. If he continues to cheapen the brand with his ill considered public comments, then yes, demand will continue to slacken and he’ll respond by lowering prices. If loss of over half of his net worth has driven the point home that perhaps he shouldn’t publicly announce every thought he has, then the brand will heal over time, demand should increase, and he’ll not need future price cuts. He’ll need to better support the owners of the cars he has sold, and increase quality, or he’ll be taught the lessons the big 3 learned in the 70’s when competition from high quality foreign car manufacturers took large amounts of market share. The competition is here and more is coming. We’ll see. So far he’s not been a quick learner.

MSRP
$77800 w options.

They were in high demand didn't have a choice on options just took some ones cancelled order

Attachments

• E45 X5.jpg
    E45 X5.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 122
Last edited:
BTW here's the full list https://www.irs.gov/credits-deduc...3-or-after

Any other 3 row options that're below $50K real world price? Very few SUVs even come close to Y deal. Only thing left is for me to look at Used options

Audi of America, LLC
Model Year Vehicle Description Applicable MSRP Limit
2023 Audi Q5 TFSI e Quattro (PHEV) $80,000

BMW of North America, LLC
2021, 2022, 2023 BMW 330e $55,000
2021, 2022, 2023 BMW X5 xDrive45e $80,000
Ford Motor Company (including Ford and Lincoln brands)

2022, 2023 Ford Escape Plug-In Hybrid $55,000
2022, 2023 Ford E-Transit $80,000
2022, 2023 Ford F-150 Lightning $80,000
2022, 2023 Ford Mustang Mach-E $55,000
2022, 2023 Lincoln Aviator Grand Touring $80,000
2022, 2023 Lincoln Corsair Grand Touring $55,000
General Motors LLC (including GMC, Chevrolet, Buick, Cadillac brands)

2022, 2023 Chevrolet Bolt $55,000
2022, 2023 Chevrolet Bolt EUV $55,000
2022, 2023 Cadillac Lyriq $55,000

Volkswagen Group of America

2023 Volkswagen ID.4 $55,000
2023 Volkswagen ID.4 Pro $55,000
2023 Volkswagen ID.4 Pro S $55,000
2023 Volkswagen ID.4 S $55,000
2023 Volkswagen ID.4 AWD Pro $80,000
2023 Volkswagen ID.4 AWD Pro S $80,000

Volvo Car North America, LLC
2022 Volvo S60 (PHEV) $55,000
2022 Volvo S60 Extended Range $55,000
2023 Volvo S60 T8 Recharge (Extended Range) $55,000

• Helpful
I need the 3rd row for family otherwise I would have bought another 3. Still trying to justify paying ~$20K more than 3 but I don't really see any better EV or PHEV SUV options at ~$50K price point. Any recommendations?
How important is the 3rd row to you? I tried a car with a 3rd row and it is very cramped and hard to access. I’m not sure you can comfortably fit a child seat there. I think if you have small kids that can sit there without a child seat but still small, it could make sense. Otherwise, it feels like it just takes up the ample trunk space (one of the reasons I picked a Tesla actuallly).

If you definitely need 3 rows and have a $50k cap, I would suggest the Volkswagen atlas. It’s a massive suv but have two friends that like it a lot to transport their brood. Otherwise buy up to the model x if you can afford it - that is sufficiently roomy. One of my coworkers recently got one to transport his family (I wonder how pissed he is at the price cut but he makes more than I do).

Personally, putting my animosity towards Tesla for the price cut aside for a moment, I’d go model x if I wanted a three row ev, or just get a gas powered car with three rows. I have no idea how good Rivian is but seems overly large for daily use.

How important is the 3rd row to you? I tried a car with a 3rd row and it is very cramped and hard to access. I’m not sure you can comfortably fit a child seat there. I think if you have small kids that can sit there without a child seat but still small, it could make sense. Otherwise, it feels like it just takes up the ample trunk space (one of the reasons I picked a Tesla actuallly).

If you definitely need 3 rows and have a $50k cap, I would suggest the Volkswagen atlas. It’s a massive suv but have two friends that like it a lot to transport their brood. Otherwise buy up to the model x if you can afford it - that is sufficiently roomy. One of my coworkers recently got one to transport his family (I wonder how pissed he is at the price cut but he makes more than I do).

Personally, putting my animosity towards Tesla for the price cut aside for a moment, I’d go model x if I wanted a three row ev, or just get a gas powered car with three rows. I have no idea how good Rivian is but seems overly large for daily use.

I have small kids that can sit there without a child seat. I'm cross shopping a used X too. New X is too pricey (plus I don't want to blame Elon if he lowers price;)

No tax credits for used unless below $25K(who comes up with these cutoffs??)

No gas, just PHEV(atleast daily 30 miles range) or EVs. I'm hooked :)

• Informative
I have small kids that can sit there without a child seat. I'm cross shopping a used X too. New X is too pricey (plus I don't want to blame Elon if he lowers price;)

No tax credits for used unless below $25K(who comes up with these cutoffs??)

No gas, just PHEV(atleast daily 30 miles range) or EVs. I'm hooked :)
Ha he could still cut prices and tank used resale values. Not a bad idea on the used x.

I get it on the no more gas front but then options def limited. Good luck with your search

They have Model Y Standard Range AWD in some store inventories. Here is one in Tampa FL
View attachment 896185

AZ said they have none. Also want 7 seater so I'm probably OOL. Also looks like it's only a ~$2K savings for SR?

Last edited:
  • Informative
The whole point of the price drop we just saw was to rip the band aid off rather than do incremental decreases with people waiting to see how low it’ll go.

I wouldn’t expect any further price drops except to reach specific (malicious) compliance pricing.
The whole point is to get the volume drivers (M3 and MY) under the $55k cap so Tesla can get the government to subsidize a portion of the price cut to drive up demand and clear inventory. If they went with an incremental approach, by then time they get under $55k, the government has already released the battery sourcing guidelines effectively ending the full $7,500 tax credit.

The whole point is to get the volume drivers (M3 and MY) under the $55k cap so Tesla can get the government to subsidize a portion of the price cut to drive up demand and clear inventory. If they went with an incremental approach, by then time they get under $55k, the government has already released the battery sourcing guidelines effectively ending the full $7,500 tax credit.
Why so verbose? I pretty much said the exact same thing.

Not really. You said the reason for the abrupt price change was to incentivize the people who are waiting to see how low it will go. I said that the price drop was to get the government to subsidize a discount to clear inventory.
Did you miss my remark regarding compliance pricing?

A lot of the lower line got reduced to comply but a few select (mostly performance) models remain ineligible until they’re re-priced or it’s established that those cars don’t need our tax dollars to get them on the road.

Status
Not open for further replies.