Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Year 2022 Refresh M3/MY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I spoke on the phone with a Tesla rep of some sort, and specifically asked if I could refuse delivery of my 2022 M3P if it did not have at least the newest chip and battery. He stated if refusal was only due to that, my order would be cancelled and my deposit would be forfeited.
Honestly forfeiting $250 and just creating a new order a month or so down the road in order to get the AMD Ryzen and other new features isn't a terrible cost/benefit analysis IMO. Unless of course someone needs a car ASAP.

Also there is this in your order agreement:

1641832642080.png

The last 6 digits of the VIN? Mine are 151XXX which is well off compared to yours. Does this mean it was probably a 2021 that was rejected?

Model 3 VIN start with 1 and MY are 3 (at this present time).

SA don't know anything in my opinion, the saying mid-2022 is just dumb. They have no idea they are just saying that so you don't try to delay your order.

Honestly forfeiting $250 and just creating a new order a month or so down the road in order to get the AMD Ryzen and other new features isn't a terrible cost/benefit analysis IMO. Unless of course someone needs a car ASAP.

Agreed. But I have ALREADY created the new order after the first cars were reported as having the AMD chip just in case. That way if my first order doesn't have the AMD and if they cancel my order because I refused it then I have a second order waiting which I won't wait as long for!

Reactions: CosmosMpower
Agreed. But I have ALREADY created the new order after the first cars were reported as having the AMD chip just in case. That way if my first order doesn't have the AMD and if they cancel my order because I refused it then I have a second order waiting which I won't wait as long for!
But what if they take the VIN you refuse for order #1 and assign it to order #2?

• Funny
Reactions: lUtriaNt
I spoke on the phone with a Tesla rep of some sort, and specifically asked if I could refuse delivery of my 2022 M3P if it did not have at least the newest chip and battery. He stated if refusal was only due to that, my order would be cancelled and my deposit would be forfeited.
FYI, via text, I was offered the ability to "unmatch" the VIN and put the order on hold for 30 days. I would then get back in line.

Hah. Right when I sent that they replied that it does not:

“Hey John, Tesla Cincinnati here. Unfortunately, your vehicle does not have the new computer chip. We are expecting all vehicles to have the new chip and battery by Mid 2022. We will also add your trade-in vehicle to your account. Please log into your Tesla account to complete your trade-in task.”
Did they provide any info if you have the Li-Ion battery?

What’s the best way to check if a car has the new features? And if it doesn’t how can I wait for a new VIN?

What’s the best way to check if a car has the new features? And if it doesn’t how can I wait for a new VIN?
Some report that the Tesla rep can tell you, some say they cannot, it will depend on your rep and location I assume. If you get the info by any chance and know that it does not have the new features, you can tell the rep to reject the VIN and put a hold, but make sure that your order is not cancelled.