Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y West Coast Waiting Room (April 2021 Orders)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Don’t get too excited. I got this text 3 weeks ago.. still no VIN (ordered 4/30). I hope you do get it though!
We ordered on the same date my delivery center is Buena Park, currently my EDD got pushed back to Sept 16-30😤. I'm wondering if I should hace picked Costa Mesa because I've seen people who ordered after me get a VIN and delivery from Costa Mesa. Whats your current EDD?

+1. Wish the legacy car manufacturers could catch up and give Tesla some really competition. Monopoly almost always translates to higher price and bad customer support.
Unfortunately I think it will be awhile before the legacy manufacturers catch up to Tesla just because Tesla's focus is solely electric whereas the legacy manufacturers are starting to dabble in electric production but still mainly focused on ICE vehicles. I think Lucid and Rivian will be the real competition for Tesla once they produce more affordable cars for the middle class, then maybe in 10yrs the legacy manufacturers will present real competition when they devote 80% to 100% production on electric cars. But nonetheless, I feel your pain and frustration especially with the lack of true competition.

You are giving me a glimmer of hope 🤞🏾, I ordered on 4/30 and similar to you had my EDD dates jump around its currently from Sept 16-30
Getting car delivered today at home, fingers crossed as I already paid balance and signed loan agreement online. Once they have the car ready, they don't want to wait for a minute. Fingers crossed for all the April orders to be fulfilled by end of July.

Reactions: Vanfrankie
Ugh ... 107 days since order placed. Promised 5-9 weeks and its been 16 weeks. Promised June delivery after original EDD came and went. Then July delivery and app currently estimates October. Manager supposedly helped expedite the ticket but still nothing.
Well a positive point to your dilemma is that they have probably sorted many issues that would have been on an earlier car.

Ugh ... 107 days since order placed. Promised 5-9 weeks and its been 16 weeks. Promised June delivery after original EDD came and went. Then July delivery and app currently estimates October. Manager supposedly helped expedite the ticket but still nothing.
I've experienced basically the same thing. I just don't get how we get bumped out to October and others get fulfillment in just a few weeks.