Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y headlight

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey Tesla guys :)
New Tesla member here,

Having a bit of a problem with my Tesla after a car crash.
I didn’t take it to the collision center yet.
Wanted to see if i can figure it out.

The right headlight stopped working completely after replacing it (original parts)
Getting an error code VCFRONT_a586

I checked some videos online, and seems that a reset may help?
Any advice would be super helpful

Attachments

• IMG_4924.jpeg
    IMG_4924.jpeg
    167.3 KB · Views: 56
Should be under warranty 🤷
Why would that be the assumption?

The OP said nothing about when they bought the car, how many miles on it, or even if its a regular title or salvage. The only thing they said was:

Having a bit of a problem with my Tesla after a car crash.

So, no headlight issue "after a car crash" would be under warranty. It could be paid for by insurance, provided the car was not bought that way, but there is no information provided to make any sort of determination about that.

Usually, when someone is vague like this, talks about crashed car and fixing it, but not taking it to a body shop or even Tesla for evaluation, its not a straight forward thing. Its almost never a warranty situation in this set of circumstances though.

Well, you're right @jjrandorin
I should've given more information about the situation, since i'm used to the Ford forums that usually have a straight forward DIY fix.

I bought the car off an auction site (ca.iaai.com), and it was already in a post-crashed state.
So, I started working on it myself since it was possible to DIY.

Bought a new bumper, hood, and headlight.
And did the work myself with the installation, but took it to a body shop to get the hammer hitting + paint work done