Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X update 2023.32.7

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
To set the height of the trunk on a Tesla Model X, you can:
  • Open the trunk
  • Manually lower or raise the liftgate to the desired height
  • Press and hold the button on the underside of the liftgate for three seconds until you hear a confirmation chime
  • Close the liftgate, then reopen it to confirm the desired height

To set the height of the trunk on a Tesla Model X, you can:
  • Open the trunk
  • Manually lower or raise the liftgate to the desired height
  • Press and hold the button on the underside of the liftgate for three seconds until you hear a confirmation chime
  • Close the liftgate, then reopen it to confirm the desired height
Thx for the reply, so meaning every time you park on a low level ceiling parking you have to do it manually? I can do this but what happen now to the features of sensing the obstacles ( top and side) ? Even the sensor red sign on the screen is missing too when ever your park to a low level ceiling.

Upvote 0
Thx for the reply, so meaning every time you park on a low level ceiling parking you have to do it manually? I can do this but what happen now to the features of sensing the obstacles ( top and side) ? Even the sensor red sign on the screen is missing too when ever your park to a low level ceiling.
Tesla has never offered location based settings for the lift gate. It is mainly so it can be configured for folks that have difficulty reaching it at full height. You set it (procedure above), and it operates at that height everywhere, until you change it. There also has never been a sensor for the lift gate. FWD, yes, but not the rear hatch. There is a single USS in the center of the roof, but its coverage is fairly narrow. My garage is 14 feet tall inside, with a 12 foot tall door. I had to partially close the overhead door, then move my car directly under the half closed door, to get the roof sensor to trip, so I could then set "Open fully at this location"

• Helpful
Reactions: scottf200
Upvote 0
Tesla has never offered location based settings for the lift gate. It is mainly so it can be configured for folks that have difficulty reaching it at full height. You set it (procedure above), and it operates at that height everywhere, until you change it. There also has never been a sensor for the lift gate. FWD, yes, but not the rear hatch. There is a single USS in the center of the roof, but its coverage is fairly narrow. My garage is 14 feet tall inside, with a 12 foot tall door. I had to partially close the overhead door, then move my car directly under the half closed door, to get the roof sensor to trip, so I could then set "Open fully at this location"
Hi, I don’t know if I’m explaining it right my point is the obstacle sensor beside and on top of your car is working before and after the update it’s doesn’t sense that someone on your side when u open the falcon door and trunk door so it will damage your door when you those obstacle. The trunk door or the falcon door will stop if your ceiling is low right but it doesn’t after the updates 😞.

Upvote 0
Hi, I don’t know if I’m explaining it right my point is the obstacle sensor beside and on top of your car is working before and after the update it’s doesn’t sense that someone on your side when u open the falcon door and trunk door so it will damage your door when you those obstacle. The trunk door or the falcon door will stop if your ceiling is low right but it doesn’t after the updates 😞.
Although the system should do a full reboot after an update, you can always try to do a reboot yourself and see if that corrected any issues of the updated firmware. If not, I would recommend a service request to see if they can push out the update again for you. There is also a way to do this from the service menu but I'm not confident enough to offer that procedure nor is the service mode something to be playing around with.

Upvote 0