Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X bottle jack

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My only worry it since it's a small contact point verses a scissor or floor jack. Would that small contact damage anything, or would need a metal plate. Right now I have a floor jacket with pucks, the bottle Jack I would leave in car for emergencies.

12ton is really an overkill for tesla unless u buying for other uses too
for scissor jacks you'll need a flat adapter cause teslas don't have a ridge like ICE cars do
not all models need a puck
my 2016 X has flat plastic blocks on each corner for jacking points

The IMAYCC Car Scissor Jack will work the best. It will hold the puck in position. I just jacked my car up using a scissor jack with a rectangular pad on it and it started to slip to one side and squash the puck. I just ordered the IMAYCC. It loooks a lot better.

Big Moe
According to the reviews, the jack has a tendency to bend. It is basically a cradle for the "hockey puck" style jacking pad. The additional one inch of thickness and height, while not an issue for the high clearance Model W would not allow the jack to be used on other lower clearance Tesla models. This is also mentioned in the reviews.

I have found the extra height not necessary for the scissors jack. The extra height also make for a lengthened "lever arm" that increases the jack's tendency to bend under load.

There are better options.

I found that using a low adapter on a flat top jack like the 2 Ton silver Tonda ideal and stable for lifting all Tesla models. The Tonda jack does not have the wobbly tray that holds the thick standard and unnecessary "hockey puck" that makes the top unstable and likely to bend. I've tested the Tonda in multiple applications for different vehicles and found it to be well made and highly functional. Currently, it can be had for only around $20.