Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X, 6 Seater, 'console' between 2nd row of seats

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,
New owner of a 6-seater 2018 Model X here. I'm looking for a nice 'storage solution' to go
between the seats of the second row. My idea is that it would be something that sits on the
floor and is approximately 'elbow high' so that passengers sitting in the seats can rest there arms
against/on it. It should have easy access to a space just below the arm rest and then also another
much larger space below that. Padded top, of course.
And then, of course, it should be relatively easy to move it when desired.

I have seen the ones for the 5-seater that rest on top of the center seat. They seem a
great solution - but don't work for a 6-seater MX.

I have searched the web and don't see -any- kind of offering of an accessory that is similar
to this ... for the 6-seater model.

Have you ever seen such a thing? Please provide a link if you have. TIA.

- Jim in Burlington, Wa. Used 2018 Model X 100D 6 seater

I just completed a very deep dive search for a rear/2nd row center console for
the Model X 6-seater. It appears that there are zero after market options for
this option. I did find a couple of guys who want to sell their Tesla version of
this option - one for a 'reasonable' (?) price of $350 and one for twice that.
I will have to decide if I'm willing to pay for a used one (both are pulls from a
car - with no explanation why they have been pulled).
Thanks for replaying.
- Jim in Burlington, Wa. 2018 Model X 100D 6-seater

I just completed a very deep dive search for a rear/2nd row center console for
the Model X 6-seater. It appears that there are zero after market options for
this option. I did find a couple of guys who want to sell their Tesla version of
this option - one for a 'reasonable' (?) price of $350 and one for twice that.
I will have to decide if I'm willing to pay for a used one (both are pulls from a
car - with no explanation why they have been pulled).
Thanks for replaying.
- Jim in Burlington, Wa. 2018 Model X 100D 6-seater
I was actually about to list my 2nd row center console on ebay. Happy to sell it to you for $150 + shipping. I pulled mine because I wanted easier access to the 3rd row for my kids. It's in excellent condition, pictures attached.

Attachments

• 20210724_122008.jpg
    20210724_122008.jpg
    247.8 KB · Views: 1,288
  • 20210724_122027.jpg
    20210724_122027.jpg
    289.8 KB · Views: 1,044
  • 20210724_122044.jpg
    20210724_122044.jpg
    245 KB · Views: 1,033
Reactions: shaia8
I was actually about to list my 2nd row center console on ebay. Happy to sell it to you for $150 + shipping. I pulled mine because I wanted easier access to the 3rd row for my kids. It's in excellent condition, pictures attached.
Murrtes ... this sounds good. Questions. 1) The color is black, correct (sorry to have to ask but important). 2) Is this for a Model X? 3) Can it be removed easliy/temporarily? 4) Made by Tesla? - Jim

FWIW @Jim Betz , i have a 6 seater P100D Model X and it has the center console. the one listed for sale is the the one you want for a clean/flush/OEM look.

anything aftermarket won't look nearly as good, imho. these consoles are rare, so if you can get one like @murrtes is selling - jump on it!
I agree - but the pictures murries posted make me suspect this is for the 5-seater not the 6 and is the
one that 'sits on the center seat' instead of the one that sits between the 2 second row seats of the
6-seater (which is what I own).
- Jim

I agree - but the pictures murries posted make me suspect this is for the 5-seater not the 6 and is the
one that 'sits on the center seat' instead of the one that sits between the 2 second row seats of the
6-seater (which is what I own).
- Jim

The one pictured is the one i have in my 6 seater. not sure how that unit would even fit in a 5 seater? im nearly 100% confident it is the one designed for the 6 seater.

Murrtes ... this sounds good. Questions. 1) The color is black, correct (sorry to have to ask but important). 2) Is this for a Model X? 3) Can it be removed easliy/temporarily? 4) Made by Tesla? - Jim
1) It is black, yes. 2) Yes, I pulled this from my 6 seater Model X. 3) It was pretty easy to remove and would be easy to install. Just have to screw in the 4 bolts into the floor panel (make sure you have 4 holes). Maybe an hour total to install. 4) Yes, made by tesla.

Another member is interested in it as well, so let me know if you're still interested.

1) It is black, yes. 2) Yes, I pulled this from my 6 seater Model X. 3) It was pretty easy to remove and would be easy to install. Just have to screw in the 4 bolts into the floor panel (make sure you have 4 holes). Maybe an hour total to install. 4) Yes, made by tesla.

Another member is interested in it as well, so let me know if you're still interested.
Yes, I am interested. Let's take this off list?

Thanks murrtes!
I have the console and now all I have to do is to get it installed. I pulled back the
carpet insert ... only to discover the carpet below them. No holes for the bolts.
Couldn't feel anything that felt like a hole underneath the carpet. They are
probably there ... just didn't find them.
Are there instructions on the Tesla site? I'm hoping there are threaded holes
already to accept the 4 bolts and hoping to figure out where they are. I know
generally where they go - just by putting the console in what is probably it's
actual position ... but didn't find the holes.
- all hints welcome ... Jim

Thanks murrtes!
I have the console and now all I have to do is to get it installed. I pulled back the
carpet insert ... only to discover the carpet below them. No holes for the bolts.
Couldn't feel anything that felt like a hole underneath the carpet. They are
probably there ... just didn't find them.
Are there instructions on the Tesla site? I'm hoping there are threaded holes
already to accept the 4 bolts and hoping to figure out where they are. I know
generally where they go - just by putting the console in what is probably it's
actual position ... but didn't find the holes.
- all hints welcome ... Jim
Just a thought - murrtes, would you take a picture of the floor of your MX
so I can see where the holes are. Perhaps with that I can figure out where
to probe more carefully.

Again - isn't there somewhere I can get a template of some sort? These
are not, typically as I understand it, installed at the factory. So I would
expect some kind of 'instructions' are available (from Tesla) - but I'm
not finding them.
- Jim

Just a thought - murrtes, would you take a picture of the floor of your MX
so I can see where the holes are. Perhaps with that I can figure out where
to probe more carefully.

Again - isn't there somewhere I can get a template of some sort? These
are not, typically as I understand it, installed at the factory. So I would
expect some kind of 'instructions' are available (from Tesla) - but I'm
not finding them.
- Jim
The console isn't an aftermarket (user installed) item - it was actually done via factory installation and/or service center. You may be able to reach out to your nearby service center and ask them how much it would be to install it.. The last thing you'd want to do is try to bolt it in and pierce the battery package....

You can look through this post from a few years back where a user removed their 2nd row console... Might help if you still want to tackle it on your own:

The console isn't an aftermarket (user installed) item - it was actually done via factory installation and/or service center. You may be able to reach out to your nearby service center and ask them how much it would be to install it.. The last thing you'd want to do is try to bolt it in and pierce the battery package....

Actually - you can order it and pick it up (without having Tesla install it).

I have the factory bolts (bought the console used) so no fear of getting to the battery. It's just 4 big
bolts all about an inch long that have to get thru the mounts on the console and the carpet.

My nearest service center is about an hour away and is not an area I go to on any kind of a regular
basis.
When I took delivery of the car (early in July - used 2018 MX 100D) they said "see you in 3 years"
(next scheduled service). I'm sitting here thinking and can't come up with even a fake reason to
go anywhere near Lynnwood. Plus they will want to "schedule it" - I get that and understand it ... but
the bottom line is if you have a car (any car) serviced/worked on ... they pretty much call the shots in
terms of the timing. I did have a different experience with my Toyota this Wednesday - appointment
for 10:30, delivered car at 10:20, they said "an hour and a half", and called to say "it's ready" at 11:40.

Is there any chance I could get this done using mobile service? I'll have to check and see.

I'm still hoping to find some kind of diagram/template that tells me where the holes are under the
"carpet" (pretty thin indoor/outdoor stuff that is glued down).
- Jim

Called and actually talked to a real service person. He was unaware of the
6-seater center consoles but looked it up. I have mobile service appointment
for Wednesday the 25th. And only $58 to do the job!
- Jim
Oh, wow, well, that's good to know - seems like they've changed things (I remember reading prior to mid-2019 where it was a service center installed item)