Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Refresh Roof Scratch

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Found this within a few days of delivery but I thought it was glue residue [like happened to my other cars] and didnt do anything until yesterday when i cleaned it only to realize it actually is a scratch? Does anyone know if this is repairable? or will I be looking at a replacement? Is it possible that it is only on the tinting layer? or is that built in to the glass.

unnamed-jpg.723471

If it is a scratch and not a crack, it would only be a cosmetic problem. I'd report it to Tesla ASAP with photos. For a scratch, you or they could put some crack repair fluid to fill the scratch which may make it look better. It is really hard to tell where it is. Is it noticable, or on the top? I think I could live with it as is unless it is a crack.

Yeah it's a scratch only and directly above the driver's head, from left to right, so it doesn't make sense as a road-debris thing [which would be front to back]

However, it catches fingernails and is fairly deep judging by the reflection looking from the inside.

Reactions: DerbyDave