Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Rear seat squeaking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m new to the forum, so my apologies if this has been covered before. My brand new Model S Plaid has a very annoying squeaking sound which appears to be coming from the rear seat latch. When I drop the seat, no squeak. When the seat is latched into position: annoying squeaking while driving. It’s been happening since day one of pick up. I’ve wrapped electrical tape around the medal bracket, but the squeak remains. Any known solutions or others with this problem before I have to trek the car down to a service center? Appreciate the help.

That was the most annoying part of my 2021 S.. The service people said it was common and the plan was to replace the rear seats believe it or not. Ultimately, I drove with the back seats down. Just before selling it, I found that if you didn’t fully lock them, they would stay in place and not squeak but it was too late. So far my 2024 does not have this problem but if it’s the fabric on fabric that is very fixable and I’m appreciative.

That was the most annoying part of my 2021 S.. The service people said it was common and the plan was to replace the rear seats believe it or not. Ultimately, I drove with the back seats down. Just before selling it, I found that if you didn’t fully lock them, they would stay in place and not squeak but it was too late. So far my 2024 does not have this problem but if it’s the fabric on fabric that is very fixable and I’m appreciative.
It's the striker rattling in the latch. I've fixed it on a few cars by wrapping the striker with a bit of duct tape. Tesla Service does the same thing but with a different, fabric like tape

If it's a squeak, it's more likely to be the leather. If it's a rattle, I'd check the latch.

My 2015 front seat squeaked where the bolster rubbed against the center console. Shin Etsu grease worked great for eliminating the squeak. I applied it to the two pieces that were rubbing against each other. Just had to reapply after 2 years.