Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 Rear passenger seat rattle

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,

I can't seem to figure out where the rattle/ squeak is coming from. I have tried insulating the rear side bolster, door panel and the sound persists when the seat is not attached to the latch. Any ideas where this may be coming from? Or any solutions that anyone has had? Any help is appreciated.

Lower each seat. Take black electrical tape and wrap each latch with several layers of tape, in continuous loop if you can. I did maybe 5 or more layers. More the better to a point. Too much makes closing difficult. This fixed mine and I was never sure where the rattle was coming from. But they’re gone now. I found this on this site about 6 months ago. It’s probably still on here somewhere. YMMV.

Lower each seat. Take black electrical tape and wrap each latch with several layers of tape, in continuous loop if you can. I did maybe 5 or more layers. More the better to a point. Too much makes closing difficult. This fixed mine and I was never sure where the rattle was coming from. But they’re gone now. I found this on this site about 6 months ago. It’s probably still on here somewhere. YMMV.
Thanks for the advice. I have the tape on the right side and it worked. I know it's not the latch because the sound still exists with the seat down.