Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S: Clever Vanity Plates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Another option in coming to Massachusetts residents is to get a special EV plate. According to the department of motor vehicles the plate is a "unique license plate that will help emergency responders quickly identify electric/hybrid vehicles, which require the use of special safety techniques." Not something that can be customized but still a status symbol. Possibly even more noticeable than a vanity plate in terms of other people on the road recognizing that I'm driving an EV.

http://transportation.blog.state.ma.us/blog/2012/04/rmv-electric-vehicle-plate.html

In AZ, there is a special plate for Energy Efficient vehicles that allowed the first ten thousand plate holders to use the HOV lanes, BUT the vanity plate isn't an option, while the Alernative Fuel plates does allow customization (but no HOV access). BTW, someone has apparently reserved SCARGO in the state.

Find and disconnect the high voltage battery.
Usually there is a specific place where a wire is supposed to be cut or switch flipped to make sure a severly damaged vehicle has the high voltage cut off.

First responders receive regular education on how to extricate victims from vehicles and get updates distributed by manufacturers on how to disable their cars. The need to know this because it is extremely dangerous if you cut through the explosive charge on an airbag. Tesla has a specific manual for first responders and the roadster. I'm sure one is developed for the Model S and Model X as well.

Wow, this is brilliant. CA needs to look at it this way.

Arizona also puts temporary plates/registration in the same spot a real plate would be when a car is sold/purchased. In California people drive around for months with dealer advertising paper plates. Millions lost in toll revenues and police enforcement, since people can basically go through toll plazas without paying a cent. Should be interesting to see what happens when the 110 etc get the toll lanes. Wish CA would follow AZ with regards to their plate protocol. It would save the taxpayers a ton of money.

Saw a Volt the other day with "NOOO GAS" for the plate. Not too accurate.

Maybe his next car is a Tesla like me and my Volt! My license plate currently says
kickg@s.jpg