Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model s broken control arm.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, just wanted some advice. I was reversing my car out of a parking space and heard a loud snap. After getting out and not seeing any damage (there was nothing to actually hit) I continued to drive then after driving about 10metre, I heard a massive grinding noise especially when I used the brakes. My car is a late 2016 model so still in warranty (just). I managed to get the car to tesla (which fortunately was about 200m away). They said I have a broken control arm and said I must have hit something, therefore it’s my fault and they won’t repair it under the warranty but instead will charge £2200.
I defiantly did not hit anything and there is no evidence of body damage. They sent me a picture which they claim shows the impact site, but when I look at the picture to me it looks like the damage was caused by the broken arm and due to the pattern of damage I’m struggling to understand how this could possibly be caused by a impact (Especially as I was reversing at the time). Any advice?

Attachments

• 55F796B8-B331-4D36-BC5D-3B5808AFE2ED.jpeg
    55F796B8-B331-4D36-BC5D-3B5808AFE2ED.jpeg
    311.8 KB · Views: 1,014
  • 354E0298-40A2-4137-A841-5033EBC39AD9.png
    354E0298-40A2-4137-A841-5033EBC39AD9.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 207
Hi, just wanted some advice. I was reversing my car out of a parking space and heard a loud snap. After getting out and not seeing any damage (there was nothing to actually hit) I continued to drive then after driving about 10metre, I heard a massive grinding noise especially when I used the brakes. My car is a late 2016 model so still in warranty (just). I managed to get the car to tesla (which fortunately was about 200m away). They said I have a broken control arm and said I must have hit something, therefore it’s my fault and they won’t repair it under the warranty but instead will charge £2200.
I defiantly did not hit anything and there is no evidence of body damage. They sent me a picture which they claim shows the impact site, but when I look at the picture to me it looks like the damage was caused by the broken arm and due to the pattern of damage I’m struggling to understand how this could possibly be caused by a impact (Especially as I was reversing at the time). Any advice?

You are not the only one. Must be 10 others reported on these forums. Plus, there is a Tesla SB on this. It is a known defect. Push back on Tesla on this one.